If you’re looking to lose weight, salads are bound to be a big part of your life, but that doesn’t mean you need to pile on the same old toppings day after day! All of these healthy salad recipes support weight-loss goals, fuel the body, and satisfy your taste buds with their fresh flavours and healthy ingredients.
Here are 4 Healthy Salad Recipes For Weight Loss
1. Chicken Salad
This chicken salad recipe is a tasty, heart-healthy meal.
Ingredients For Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 handfuls cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/8 cup parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Black olives
- 1/2 cup Grilled Chicken breast
- Place sliced cucumber, tomatoes, avocados, onion, chicken breast, black olives and parsley and in a large salad bowl.
- Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Enjoy!
2. HARDBOILED EGG AND AVOCADO BOWL
This egg salad recipe is so simple and so delicious. Even your darling son could make it! You are going to love it so much! Chock full of protein it is sure to curve your hunger!
- 2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 large avocado, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon shredded carrot
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Combine eggs, avocado, onion, carrot and bell pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and ground pepper. Serve and enjoy!
3. Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed in a fine-mesh colander
- 1 cups water
- 1/4 chickpeas, rinsed and drained,
- 1/2 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/8 cup parsley
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let the quinoa rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, cucumber, bell pepper, onion and parsley. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and salt. Whisk until blended, then set aside.
- Once the quinoa is mostly cool, add it to the serving bowl, and drizzle the dressing on top. Toss until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Season with black pepper and salt, to taste.
4. Chickpea And Tuna Salad Recipe
This chickpea salad bowl is so easy to prepare and makes a delicious and healthy side dish or lunch.
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, boiled
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 can tuna
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Olives
- 1/2 carrot
- In a very small bowl place the dijon mustard and garlic and lemon juice and whisk until combined. Add the olive oil and mix until all combined, set aside.
- Place all your other ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Drizzle dressing over, mix until all coated and serve.