Almond health benefits
“Almond” is also the name of the edible and widely cultivated seed of Prunus amygdalus tree. The fruit of the almond is a drupe, consisting of an outer hull and a hard shell with the seed.
Nutritional values per 100g of almond:
Almond is rich in Carbohydrates like Starch, sugar, lactose, Dietary fibers.
Saturated, monosaturated and polyunsaturated are types of fats present in Almond.
Almonds are rich in proteins like Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic acid, Glutamic acid, Glycine, Proline, Serine.
Almond contains vitamins like Vitamin A(beta carotene, lutein zeaxanthin), Thiamin (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pantothenic acid (B5), Vitamin (B6), Folate (B9), Choline, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K.
Almond contain minerals like Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc.
Calorie – 576
Fat – 49g
Sodium – 1mg
Potassium – 705mg
Carbohydrate – 22g
Protein – 21g
Other constituents like 4.70g
Health benefits with Almond
- Reduce risk of heart attack: Rich in mono-unsaturated fats helps to lower down bad cholesterol also reduce risk of heart attacks & disease. Almonds can potentially reduce the risk of heart disease by up to 30%. Magnesium in almond allows the arteries to be less restricted improving blood flow and allowing nutrients and oxygen to be delivered throughout the body.
- Controls blood pressure: Phytonutrient flavonoids in almond increase antioxidants in the body, therefore it helps in protecting against blood pressure and atherosclerosis. Potassium maintains heart function & Balance normal blood pressure.
- Prevent cancer: Dietary fibers supports for detoxifying your body and smooth the digestion system and also prevent the risk of colon cancer.
- Helps in constipation: Eating 4-5 almonds in the day can help you in easy constipation because of the fiber-rich source. Dietary fibers help in easy digestion and bowel movement.
- Prevent diabetes: It regulates the glucose absorption & reduces blood sugar spike after a meal.
- Boost brain power: Almond is rich in zinc which protects brain cells from free radical damage. Vitamin B6 aid to the metabolism of proteins to repair brain cells. Vitamin E boosts the memory by slowing brain aging.
- Prevent weight gain: As it is rich in proteins and fibers reduce hunger and can give full feeling sensation so that it can reduce intake of food. So that it can help in weight loss.
- Prevent Birth defects: High folic acid helps to Promote Healthy Cell & Tissue Growth of Fetus to Reduce Birth Defects.
Other health benefits with almond are
- Almonds improve digestion system that gives you healthy skin
- They are rich in vitamin E, Which helps in keeping all akin ailments at bay.
- A regular application of almond also lightens the dark circles under eyes.
- It also has anti-aging properties.
- It acts like no stress substitution. It is naturally 100% Gluten free.
- They nourish the nervous system
- Almonds help build strong bones and teeth.
- They alkalize the body.
In the following video, you can see how almond can be used.