Amazing benefits with *Beetroot*
Beetroot, are reddish purple colored taproots and also known as a beet, It has been elevated as a new super food due to reason that beetroot can improve athletic performance, lower blood pressure, and increase blood flow.
Usually, the deep purple roots of beetroot are eaten boiled, roasted or raw, and either alone or combined with any salad vegetable. A large proportion of the commercial production is processed into boiled and sterilized beets or into pickles.
The green, leafy portion of the beet is also edible. The young leaves can be added raw to salads, whilst the adult leaves are most commonly served boiled or steamed, in which case they have a taste and texture similar to spinach
Nutrition facts for 136 grams of boiled beetroot:-
Beetroots mainly consist of water (87%), carbohydrates (8%) and fiber (2-3%).
- Calories – 43
- Water – 88%
- Protein – 1.6g
- Carbohydrates – 9.6g
- Sugar – 6.8g
- Fiber – 2.8g
- Saturated – 0.03g
Vitamins and minerals
- Folate (B9)
- Vitamin C
Here are some benefits of drinking beetroot juice
- Lower your blood pressure: Hypertension is an abnormally high blood pressure, which can cause damage to blood vessels and the heart.Elevated blood pressure is among the strongest risk factors for heart disease, stroke and premature death worldwide
Drinking beet juice may help to lower blood pressure by up to 3-10 mm/Hg over a period of a few hours. One study found that drinking one glass of beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure by an average of 4-5 points. These blood pressure lowering effects are likely due to increased levels of nitric oxide, a molecule that causes our blood vessels to relax and dilate
- Anti-Cancer Properties: The powerful phytonutrients that give beets their deep crimson color may help to ward off cancer. Research has shown that beetroot extract reduced multi-organ tumor formations in various animal models wherelated to nitrates turning into nitric oxide, which may reduce the oxygen cost of low-intensity exercise as well as enhance tolerance to high-intensity exercise.
- Boost Brain performances: Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC, states that drinking beetroot before exercising may aid brain performance for older adults. It is found that older adults who consumed beetroot juice prior to engaging in moderately intense exercise demonstrated greater connectivity in brain regions associated with motor function.
- Anti-Cancer Properties: The powerful phytonutrients that give beets their deep crimson color may help to ward off cancer. Research has shown that beetroot extract reduced multi-organ tumor formations in various animal models when administered in drinking water, for instance, while beetroot extract is also being studied for use in treating human pancreatic, breast, and prostate cancers.
- Brings Relief from Sore and Stiff Muscles: Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) is a condition wherein the muscles get extremely sore and stiff after a strenuous and highly exerting activity. So according to studies. Beetroot juice has especially been lauded for its DOMS beating properties, The juice helps in speeding up the recovery process after a heavy workout.