Amazing health Benefits with Amla
Amla, the Indian Gooseberry, The powerhouse of nutrients, it is the excellent source of vitamin C and prevents viral and bacterial ailments by boosting immunity metabolism.
In India, it is considered as a sacred tree. The fruit tastes sour and very nourishing. Both, dried and fresh fruits can be consumed for their health benefits. It enhances food absorption, balances stomach acid, fortifies the liver, nourishes the brain and mental functioning, supports the heart, strengthens the lungs, regulates elimination of free radicals, enhances fertility, helps the urinary system, increases skin health, promotes healthier hair, acts as a body coolant, flushes out toxins, increases vitality, strengthens eyes, improves muscle tone and, acts as an antioxidant.
Nutritional values in Amla:
Amla is Low in Saturated Fats, Dietary Fiber, and Vitamin C. Amla contains a good amount of Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Carotene, Vitamin B Complex, Protein, Carbohydrates, Cholesterol, and Sodium, making it good for health.
100 gm of Amla contains:
- Energy: 96 calories
- Carbohydrate: 6.9 gm
- Iron: 1.2 gm
- Protein: 0.9 gm
- Fat: 0.1 gm
- Fiber: 3. 4 gm
- Carotene: 9 micrograms
- Minerals : 0.5mg
- Thiamine: 0.03mg
- Riboflavin : 0.01mg
Health Benefits with Amla:
- Cures a sore throat: Amla juice with pepper and honey is a good combination for a spicy treat. It helps in a cure sore throat.
- Fights against heart disease: Heart disease is also called Cardiovascular disease, where heart not functioning well, a condition where fat blocks the arteries. Amla is natural antioxidant with a rich source of vitamin C that helps to stimulate blood flow as well as eliminates all the obstacles in arteries.
- Increase metabolic activity: Proteins are an essential part of our body’s metabolic activities. Protein is necessary for cellular growth, muscle development, organ health, and a wide range of other metabolic activities, as amla is rich in proteins helps to increase metabolic activity.
- Reduce Blood sugar: Amla rich in polyphenol protect the body from the oxidative nature of high blood sugar. Amla assists the body in the absorption of insulin, thus reduce blood sugar level.
- Boosts immunity: Amla is an excellent source of Vitamin C and also rich in antioxidants (Antioxidants prevents radical damage in cells which reduce infection, hence it helps to boost your immunity, metabolism and prevents viral and bacterial ailments.
- Helps in digestion: Amla is rich in fiber. Fiber also stimulates the secretion of gastric and digestive juices, so food is digested efficiently.
- Strengthen Bones: High calcium content in Amla helps for strengthing bones
- Prevents Constipation: Amla is rich in fiber. Fiber adds bulk to the stool and helps food move through the bowels and keeps your bowel movements regular. This reduces the chances of constipation.
- Reduce cancer risk: Amla is rich in antioxidants, which helps in reduce cell damage which helps in prevention of cancer.
- Protect Liver: It prevents the oxidative damage that is usually caused by alcohol.
Along with it also helps to prevent Jaundice, helps in hair growth, used for Brightening skin and make skin glow, It also reduce pigmentation, slows dowing aging, boosts immunity, Prevents formation of glass bladder stones, and also act as anti-inflammatory, It improves eyesight, and purifies the blood and keeps body cool.
In the following video, you can see some more health benefits with Amla.