Amazing health benefits with Banana
Bananas are the most widely consumed fruits on the planet. The fruit is variable in size, color, and firmness, but is usually elongated and curved, with soft flesh rich in starch covered with a rind which may be green, yellow, red, purple, or brown when ripe.
Nutritional values per 100g of Banana are
Banana makes an excellent source for maintaining a healthy body, whether it makes a healthy breakfast option on an empty stomach.
- Bananas are rich in carbohydrates like Sugars and Dietary fibers.
- Vitamins in Banana are Thiamin (B1)-3%, Riboflavin(B2)- 6%, Niacin(B3)-4%, Pantothenic acid (B5)-7%, Vitamin (B6)-31%, Folate-5%, Choline-2%, Vitamin C-8.7mg.
- Minerals in Banana are Iron (2%), Magnesium (8%), Manganese (13%), Phosphorus (3%), Potassium (8%), Sodium (0%), Zinc (2%).
- Other constituents are water about 74.91g per 100 grams
- Calories – 89
- Fat – 0.3g
- Protein – 1.1g
- Fluoride-2.2 µg
Health Benefits with Banana are
- By taking two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustains the blood sugar
- High fiber in banana helps in free bowel movement.
- As banana is rich in pectin triggers digestion and helps in removal of toxic and heavy metals from the body.
- Bananas act as prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- It helps in restoration of electrolytes after diarrhea by soothing to the digestive tract.
- As it a natural antacid helps in relief from acid reflux, heartburn, and GERD.
- It protects against from muscle cramps during the workout and also leg cramps during night time.
- It helps in building strong bones
- It also helps in prevent in loss of calcium during urination. By increasing calcium helps in the building of strong bones.
- It is rich in vitamin B6 so that it helps in
- In protecting against type II Diabetes
- In weight loss
- In strengthening the nervous system
- In production of white blood cells
- As it is rich in iron strengthens the blood and relieve anemia.
- Due to high levels of tryptophan, it helps in overcome of depression. Tryptophan converts into serotonin (which is considered as mood brain neurotransmitter). Tryptophan also helps to relieve seasonal affective disorders.
- It reduces PMS symptoms and improves mood. It also regulates blood sugar and produces stress relieving relaxation.
- Banana is rich in potassium and low in salt that helps in lowering blood pressure and protect against heart attack and strokes. Because of potassium make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert.
- It helps in coating the intestinal line against corrosive acids So that it helps from an ulcer.
- Banana helps in preventing kidney cancer.
- It protects eyes from macular degeneration.
- Bananas are rich in antioxidants providing protection from free radicals and chronic diseases.
In the following video, you can see some more health benefits with banana