Amazing health Benefits with Honey
Honey is a sugary food substance produced and stored by certain social hymenopteran insects. Honey is referred as “Yogavahi” since it has a quality of penetrating the deepest tissues of the body.
It is produced from the sugary secretions of plants or insects, such as floral nectar or aphid honeydew, through regurgitation, enzymatic activity, and water evaporation
There are at least 40 types of honey, and each one has a distinctive taste and unique properties. Each Honey have different flavonoid profiles, depending on the floral source of the nectar.
Types of Honey (most popular)
- Orange Blossom
Nutritional values per 100 grams of Honey:
Calories – 304
Sodium – 4mg
Potassium – 52mg
Carbohydrates – 82g
- Honey is rich in carbohydrates like Sugar (82.12g), Dietary fibers (0.2g).
- Vitamins in honey are Riboflavin (B2)-3%, Niacin (B3)-1%, Pantothenic acid (B5)-1%, Vitamin (B6)-2%, Folate (B9)- 1%, Vitamin C-1%
- Minerals in Honey are Calcium (1%), Iron (3%), Magnesium (1%), Phosphorus (1%), Potassium (1%), Sodium (4mg), Zinc (2%).
- Water in Honey is about 17.10g per 100 grams
Health benefits with Honey are:
Health benefits of honey include treating wounds, healing skin conditions, and boosting energy. It is also rich in nutrients and antioxidant and antibacterial properties etc.
- The laxative effect of honey helps in the digestion system of an individual and helps provide relief from constipation.
- Honey has been associated with the treatment of persisting coughs and sore throat.
- Honey consumption helps in relief from diarrhea and dysentery.
- Anti-bacterial properties in honey help in treating infections.
- Honey helps in cleansing blood and has a positive effect on regulation of blood circulation.
- Antiseptic properties in honey help in treating burns, infected surgical wounds, and ulcers.
- Honey is digested in the stomach easily so that it helps in kidney and intestine function better.
- Honey is good for improving appetite, especially in children.
- Honey controls the production of acids in the mouth so that it help in maintaining of oral health.
- Honey is a low-calorie food compared to sugar, and also low-fat content food the properties help the people who are maintaining weight loss diet.
- As honey is rich in vitamins, minerals, and enzymes which will help in protecting your body from bacteria and such that It boosts your immune system
- Antioxidant Neutraceuticals in honey effective for removal of free radical from the body. Which boosts the immune system and help in protect from cancer and heart diseases.
- It helps the stomach wall by coating it. By cleaning the system of bad bacteria, it helps to heal any infection thereby helping to treat symptoms of bloating, gas and acid reflux.
- Honey is an excellent ergogenic aid and helps in boosting the performance of athletics. Honey is a great way to maintain blood sugar levels, muscle recuperation and glycogen restoration of a workout.
- It also regulates the amount of insulin in the body as well as energy expenditure.
- A diabetic patient can use honey though it is sweet because it regulates the blood sugar level due to the combination of fructose and glucose. Type 1 diabetic patient should use honey daily.
- Honey is a fast digesting carbohydrate that stimulates the release of insulin and allows tryptophan to the enter the brain easily. So that it beats Insomnia (trouble sleeping).
- It is also said to be useful in improving eyesight, weight loss, curing impotence and premature ejaculation, urinary tract disorders, bronchial asthma, diarrhea, and nausea.
- Its anti-bacterial qualities are particularly useful for the skin, and, when used with the other ingredients, honey can also be moisturizing and nourishing.
In the following video you can see some health benefits with honey: