Antioxidants for body and antioxidant rich food
An antioxidant is a molecule that inhibits the oxidation (Oxidation is a chemical reaction that can produce free radicals, leading to chain reactions that may damage cells) of other molecules.
Antioxidants are helpful for body as they play a major role in prevention of some medical conditions, such as some cancers, macular degeneration, Alzheimer’s disease, and some arthritis-related conditions.
Antioxidants include some vitamins like vitamin C and Vitamin E and some minerals such as selenium etc., and flavonoids which found in plants.
Some of the benefits of consuming antioxidant foods, herbs, teas and supplements include:
- Slower signs of aging
- Keeps Healthier and more youthful,
- Gives glowing skin
- Reduced cancer risk
- Detoxification support
- Longer life span
- It Protect Vision and the Eyes
- Protection against heart disease and stroke
- Less risk for cognitive problems, such as dementia
- Helps in preventing Cognitive decline
- Reduced risk for vision loss or disorders like macular degeneration and cataracts
- Antioxidants are also added to food or household products to prevent oxidation and spoilage
Food which are rich in antioxidants are
- Berries like Goji berries, Wild blueberries, Elderberries, Cranberries, Blackberries,
- Herbs like Clove, Cinnamon, Oregano, turmeric, Cocoa, Cumin, Parsley, Basil, Ginger, Thyme
- Fruits and vegetables like Prunes. Black plums, Raisins, orange, red grapes, Cherries, Kale, Spinach, Brussels sprouts, Alfafa sprouts, Broccoli flowers, Beets, Red bell peppers, Onions, Corn, Egg plant,
- And other food like Dark chocolate, Pecans, Artichoke, Kidney beans, Cilantro
High antioxidant food supplements are like Glutathione, Quercetin, Lutein, Vitamin C, Resveratrol, Astaxanthin, Selenium, Lavender Essential Oil, Chlorophyll, Frankincense Essential Oil.