Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)-Home remedies
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or Attention deficit disorder (ADD) is a mental disorder of the underdevelopment type. It is characterized by problems paying attention, excessive activity, or difficulty controlling behavior which is not appropriate for a person’s age. ADHD makes it difficult for people to inhibit their spontaneous responses—responses that can involve everything from movement to speech to attentiveness. The symptoms appear before a person is twelve years old, are present for more than six months.
In children, problems paying attention may result in poor school performance.But in some cases many children with ADHD have a good attention span for tasks they find interesting.
- Environment :
- Alcohol intake during pregnancy can cause fetal alcohol spectrum disorders which can include ADHD or symptoms like it.
- Children exposed to certain toxic substances, such as lead or polychlorinated biphenyls, may develop problems which resemble ADHD.
- Exposure to the organophosphate insecticides chlorpyrifos and dialkyl phosphate
- ADHD can represent family dysfunction or a poor educational system rather than an individual problem.
- Brain structure and growth
- Chemical imbalance in brain
Signs and symptoms
- They cant sit still
- lack of concentration
- who never seem to listen,
- who don’t follow instructions no matter how clearly you present them,
- who blurt out inappropriate comments at inappropriate times.
- Be easily distracted, miss details, forget things, and frequently switch from one activity to another
- Have difficulty maintaining focus on one task
- Become bored with a task after only a few minutes, unless doing something enjoyable
- Have trouble completing or turning in homework assignments,
- become easily confused
- Struggle to follow instructions
- Have trouble understanding minute details
Home remedies for ADD are
How to prepare and use
Take one tea spoon of Brahmi an Ayurvedic powder and mix along with one tea spoon of honey and take it twice a day
- Take it twice a day.
- Fish oil supplements which are rich in omega 3 fatty acids are helpful in this condition.
- Increase the consumption of protein rich food
- Eat the food which stimulates the production of dopamine as dopamine is chemical that make a person stay focused. Dopamine stimulating food are milk, chicken etc.,