Basil seeds health benefits
Sabja seeds are also called as sweet basil seeds which is also commonly known as ‘tukmaria seeds’ or ‘falooda’, are the seeds of sweet basil.
Nutritional values of Basil seeds per 100 grams
- Basil seeds are low in calories they constrain about 22
- Total fat about 0.6g, in which polysaturated fat is about 0.4g and monosaturated fat is about 0.1g
- They are low in cholesterol
- Sodium – 4 mg
- Potassium – 295 mg
- Total carbohydrates are about 2.7g in which dietary fiber are 1.6g and sugar 0.3g
- Proteins are about 3.2g
- Vitamin and minerals in Basil seeds are Vitamin A (Beta carotene, Lutein, zeaxanthin), Calcium, Vitamin C, Iron and vitamin B-6, Magnesium etc.,
These seeds are full of fiber and known for many surprising health benefits
- Basil seeds for weight loss: Sabja seeds can be used for weight management purposes. It is full of fiber that makes your stomach full and don’t feel hunger to a certain period of time. these tiny seeds can absorb thirty times their weight in water. They swell in the stomach, causing you to feel pleasantly full, rather than ravenously hungry.
- Healthy hair : The seeds contain adequate amount of vitamin K, protein and iron. These nutrients are helpful to make your hair healthy and shining.
- Healthy skin : The mix of Sabja seeds and coconut oil is effective to ward off many skin related diseases.
- Diabetic treatment : The seeds are good in curing of diabetes type 2 by lowering down the sugar in blood.
- For constipation : It ensures easy bowel movement and helps to flush out toxin from the stomach. It also helps cleanse the inner stomach.
- Body coolant : Especially in summer these seeds are used to lower body heat
Sabja Recipes for weight loss
- Garnish your favorite desserts, juices, salads, lassi or ice creams with soaked sabja seeds and control over eating. Get the healthy benefits of sabja seeds and burn fat easily.
- Roohafza Sabja
- Roohafza syrup
- basil seeds
- 1-2 scoops of ice cream
- Pistachio seeds
Take 2 table spoons of Soak sabja seeds for about one hour in a cup of warm water and drain. Bring 2 cups of milk to a boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Once the milk is cooled down, add 2 table spoons of roohafza syrup and mix well. Add the sabja seeds and garnish with 3 to 4 table spoons of chopped pistachio seeds. Enjoy chilled with or without ice cream.
In the following videos you can how to use basil leaves for weight loss (Basil Seeds Lemonade)