Be care ful : Your weight loss intention may be Anorexia sometimes
Anorexia nervosa which is also known as Anorexia is a psychological eating disorder characterized by a low weight, fear of gaining weight which is extreme and needless weight loss, a strong desire to be thin and food restriction. Anorexia may also refers to self-starvation and lack of appetite. People suffering with Anorexia feel that they are overweight though they are under weight.
There are two types of Anorexia mainly
- Binge/Purge Type
- Restrictive type
Symptoms related to Anorexia are
- They deny the fact that they are low weight
- They also weigh them self frequently
- They eat only small amounts, and only eat certain foods
- They exercise frequently
- They fear about gaining weight
- They have strong desire to be thin
- Hypokalaemia, a drop in the level of potassium which leads to abnormal heart rhythms, constipation, fatigue, muscle damage and paralysis.
- Low body mass index
- Rapid and continuous weight loss
- Lanugo : A soft, fine hair growing over the face and body.
- They may use laxatives, diet pills, ipecac syrup, or water pills to flush food out of their system after eating
- Depression, anxiety disorders and insomnia.
- Chronic fatigue etc.,
Causes of Anorexia
- Obstetric complications
- Neuroendocrine dysregulation
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Irregular hormone functions
- Nutritional deficiencies
Complications regarding Anorexia
- heart damage
- In females, absence of a period
- Kidney problems
- Suicide tendency
Some home remedies for Anorexia
- garlic cloves : It acts as a natural appetite stimulant
- lemon juice
- rock salt
How to make and use
Take 3 to 4 garlic cloves and chop them and add it to one cup of water and now boil it for few minutes after that strain the solution. Now add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and a pinch of rock salt to it and drink it.
- Drink the solution twice a day.
- Rock salt
How to make and use
Mix half tea spoon of finely chopped ginger to a pinch of rock salt and consume it before 30 minutes going to meal.
- Consume it every day for a couple of weeks.
Along with this,
- Drink a glass of fresh orange juice daily to increase appetite
- Eat 2 teaspoons of freshly extracted mint juice each morning.