Beauty benefits with Chikoo
Manilkara zapota, commonly known as the sapodilla or chikoo. The fruit has an exceptionally sweet, malty flavor which is a round or oval-shaped berry with 2-5 big, black, shiny bean-like seeds in the centre. Chikoo fruit is very effective anti inflammatory agent because of its high tannins content.
Nutritional facts present in 100g or Chikoo
- Energy is about 347kJ
- Carbohydrates are about 19.96 g in which Dietery fibers are about 5.3 g
- Fat content in Chikoo are 1.1 g where as proteins are about 0.44 g
- Vitamins and minerals present in Chikoo are Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc etc.,
Beauty benefits with Chikoo are ;
- By eating chikoo regularly essential nutrients in chikoo helps to maintain the healthy hair.
- High contents of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants of chikoo, makes the skin healthy and glow by maintaining the natural texture and complexion of the skin.
- Its moisturizes the skin and thus makes beautiful due to its Vitamin E content.
- The antioxidants property of chikoo helps in removing free radicals so that it act as anti-ageing food.
- The seed kernel oil of chikoo works as the best skin ointment.
- The oil extracts from the chikoo seeds moisturizes and softens the hair by nourishing the scalp and relieving the skin irritation.
- Chikoo is effective in treating the seborrheic dermatitis.
- To get rid of dandruff just apply the paste of chikoo seeds and castor oil on the scalp.
- The milky juice of chikoo plant is very effective in removing the skin warts and fungal growth.