Benefits with Camphor
Camphor is a waxy, flammable, white or transparent solid with a strong aroma. Camphor is well known as a natural remedy and comes from the distilled wood of the camphor tree. This is also made in laboratories from turpentines and is used many different products.
Camphor oil can be a remedy for skin related issues. Therefore, many skin lotions and ointments use camphor as one of the ingredients. The health benefits of camphor essential oil include its properties as a stimulant, antispasmodic, antiseptic, decongestant, anesthetic, sedative and nervous pacifier, antineuralgic, anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, and insecticide substance.
Benefits of camphor oil:
- Adding camphor to boiling water and breathing in the steam may give relief from painful or an irritation cough.
- Because of its decongestant properties brings down inflammation in the throat and lungs, clears the chest and unblocks the nose.
- It is a white waxy like substance, often found in products like Vicks vapor rub and Tiger balm.
- It is used as an ingredient in aroma therapy.
- This oil is often used as an insect repellent and is a common ingredient in mothballs.
- Camphor is also used as a sexual stimulant. Adding a few drops to your oil burner, it can increase libido and sex drive.
- Because of its drug effect, it should not be taken internally.
- It helps in gout, rheumatism, and arthritis and you can also apply this to areas with sore muscles, and aching joints.
- By adding camphor essential oil to your bathwater and soak in it for 15 minutes gives you relaxation both mentally and physically.
- Camphor oil along with olive oil used for a relaxing massage.
- Camphor oil along with peppermint oil added in boiling water and inhaled to aid breathing.
- Dissolve some camphor in some alcohol and dab in the problematic area in the house to get rid of ants.
Camphor for skin benefits
- One can use camphor for skin to soothe irritation like itches and rashes.
- Gently exfoliate and assist in relieving tightness and irritation.
- It also helps in treat acne and skin infections and reduces burn marks.
- Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antifungal and antibacterial properties make it beneficial for acne and skin infections
- Apply Camphor pellets along with water to the areas inflicted (usually feet area) by itching and fungal infections.
- Add three pellets of camphor to some warm water and soak your feet in it. This will smoothen your heels and balls of your foot.
- It is used to massage your scalp if you are suffering from dandruff.
- Apply Camphor mix on the affected area at least twice a day to lessen itching.
In the following video, you can see some more benefits of camphor