Best food for diabetic patients
Diabetes, is a condition in which there are high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period. Symptoms of high blood sugar include frequent urination, increased thirst, and increased hunger. It is a group of metabolic disorders.
Diabetes is cured not prevented, By following the right diabetic diet, one can keep diabetes in control. Here are some food and diet to be followed by patients suffering with diabetes to keep diabetes in control.
Best Food for diabetic patients to eat are
- Best carbs food for diabetes are Whole grains, such as brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa, millet, or amaranth and baked sweet potato.
- Protein based food like Plant-based proteins, such as beans, nuts, seeds, or tofu, Fish and seafood, Chicken and other poultry (breast meat is very good food)
- Eggs and low-fat dairy
- Vegetables for diabetes : Fresh veggies, eaten raw or lightly steamed, roasted, or grilled, and Greens such as kale, spinach, and arugula. Iceberg lettuce is not as great, because it’s low in nutrients. Low sodium or unsalted canned vegetables are best to eat.
- Fresh fruit,Plain frozen fruit or fruit canned without added sugar,Sugar-free or low-sugar jam or preserves, No-sugar-added applesauce
- The Best Fruits to Manage Your Blood Sugar.
- Berries for Antioxidants.
- Tart Cherries to Fight Inflammation.
- Peaches for Potassium.
- Apricots for Fiber.
- Apples for Vitamins.
- Oranges for Vitamin C.
- Pears for Vitamin K and Fiber.
- and other fruits like pomegranate, Guava, Water melon, Papaya etc.,
Worst food for diabetic patients are
- Canned fruit with heavy sugar syrup, Regular jam, jelly, and preserves, Fruit punch, fruit drinks, fruit juice drinks, Sweetened applesauce
- Canned vegetables with lots of added sodium, Veggies cooked with lots of added butter, cheese, or sauce and some pickles which are rich in sodium content.
- Processed grains, such as white rice or white flour, Cereals with little whole grains and lots of sugar, White bread, French fries, Fried white-flour tortillas.
- Fried meats, Higher-fat cuts of meat, such as ribs, Pork bacon, Regular cheeses, Poultry with skin, Deep-fried fish, Deep-fried tofu, Beans prepared with lard
- Artificial trans fat are bad for your heart.
- Regular sodas, Regular beer, fruity mixed drinks, dessert wines, Sweetened tea, Coffee with sugar and cream, Flavored coffees and chocolate drinks, Energy drinks
The following video may help you more to know best and worst food of diabetes