Best food for Virginal dryness
Vaginal Dryness, also known as Vaginal atrophy or Atrophic Vaginitis is a common condition in many of the women with extreme physical discomfort.
A thin layer of clear fluid keep the walls of vagina stay lubricated. The hormone estrogen is responsible to maintain that fluid and keeps the lining of the vagina healthy, thick, and elastic. But in some conditions like during menopause, there is reduce in the level of estrogen which in turn reduces the amount of moisture available in vaginal walls. This condition is called Vaginal atrophy.
Symptoms associated with Viginal Dryness
- vaginal irritation, discomfort, itchiness or a burning sensation
- discomfort during sex
- a reduced sex drive
- the surface of the vagina looks pale and thin
- urinary tract infection
- vaginal dryness, burning, stinging, swelling, chaffing and bleeding.
- Discomfort if the vulva is inflamed and sore.
- narrowing or shortening of the vagina
- The main cause vaginal dryness is only due to decrease in the estrogen level especially at the time of menopause, breastfeeding, not being aroused before sex, contraception, cancer treatment etc., in all this conditions reduce in the level of estrogen which in turn reduces the amount of moisture available in vaginal walls leads to vaginal dryness.
Best food for vaginal dryness
- Flax oil : Flax oil is considered to be very effective in treating the condition as it helps increase estrogen levels due to the presence of phytoestrogens.
- Soy : Soy products can hike the estrogen levels surprisingly. Soy in the form of soybeans, soy nuts, soy milk, tofu, etc. can be consumed to increase the intake of soy which helps in reducing the symptoms of vaginal dryness.
- Aloe vera : Habit to drink aloe vera juice everyday helps in the lubrication of the vagina.
- Virgin oil : Consume a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil everyday.
- Fish : Fish contains Omega-3 which is very helpful in reducing the symptoms of Vaginal dryness.
- Coconut oil :Coconut oil is a healthy fat that helps restore the natural level of hydration in the body
- Turmeric : Turmeric which is rich in antimicrobial properties helps in killing bacteria and other microbes and protect vagina from infection and it also acts as best remedy for vaginal dryness.
- Curd : Probiotics contains in curd are considered to be ‘healthy’ or ‘good’ bacteria for vaginal health as it helps in maintain pH balance also.