Best food that helpful in Ulcerative Colitis
Ulcerative colitis (UC) are inflammatory bowel diseases and this is a long-term condition that results in inflammation and ulcers in the lining of Largest intestine (colon) and rectum. But usually effect lower section of colon which is called sigmoid colon or it can effect entire colon. This can effect any age of the people.
Signs and symptoms of Ulcerative colitis
Symptoms Ulcerative colitis come on slowly and can range from mild to severe. In most of the conditions symptoms come and go, so symptoms may disappear in time by time within month or years. About 10% of people with ulcerative colitis have symptoms all the time.
- The primary symptom of active disease is abdominal pain and diarrhea mixed with blood.
- Some other symptoms like
- weight loss,
- Belly cramps,
- loss of appetite
- Disease can also cause some other medical conditions like joint pain, eye problem, liver disease, mega colon, colon cancer.
- Patients with ulcerative colitis can occasionally have aphthous ulcers involving the tongue, lips, palate and pharynx
- Causes of Ulcerative colitis are unknown some theories say that immune system dysfunction, genetics, changes in the normal gut bacteria, and environmental factors.
- Some assumptions say that it may be due to overactive of intestinal bacteria.
- May be because of Genetics
- Ulcerative colitis can affect people of any age. But most people who have it are diagnosed before the age of 30.
- Diagnosis is typically by colonoscopy with tissue biopsies. It is a kind of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) along with Crohn’s disease and microscopic colitis.
- Blood tests, are done to look for infection or inflammation.
- Stool sample testing to look for blood, infection, and white blood cells.
- Blood count is done to check for anemia
- And some other tests are done to diagnosis the disease and to diagnose some other medical conditions.
Best food that helps in Ulcerative colitis
- Olive oil : Olive oil is most effective ingredients for Ulcerative colitis. Consume 2 to 3 drop of olive oil in the diet. Or one can use olive in cooking food, salad dressing, and adding it to milk.
- Aleo vera : Take an aleo vera leaf and slice it down and extract the juice from it and store the juice in a jar and consume 2 to 3 table spoon of aloe vera juice in day for many times.
- Fish oil : It is the best remedy to treat or to avoid ulcerative colitis. Fish oil can be taken from all sorts of sea foods, fish oil supplements, and capsules.
- Salmon : Salmon rich in essential fatty acids like omege 3 fatty acids helps in ease the inflammation. So it helps in relieving pain caused due to Ulcerative Colitis flare. Omege 3 fatty acid is also good for heart and colon.
- Yogurt : Probiotics are beneficial bacteria present in fermented foods like yogurt, kefir, miso, and sauerkraut. Eating foods that contain live and active cultures can help maintain optimal levels of good bacteria in our gastrointestinal tract. Eating unsweetened yogurt is best for healthy gut.
- Squash : Squash is high in fiber helps maintain healthy gut, as well as it is rich in antioxidants beta carotene and vitamin C, help repair damage done by inflammation.
- Eggs : Eggs are a great source of protein and are often well tolerated, even during an ulcerative colitis flare. As eggs are rich in omega 3 fatty acids.