Best food to boost appetite
Loss of appetite can be caused by a variety of conditions and diseases, but loss of appetite can be reversible and some times it is temporary.
Some conditions and medical issues can also cause loss of appetite like viral or bacterial infections, hypothyroidism, chronic liver disease, hepatitis, kidney failure, heart failure, dementia etc.,
Best food to control loss of appetite
- Indian gooseberry : Indian gooseberry, also known as amla, which is rich in vitamin C boost the immune system and facilitates mineral absorption can help increase appetite caused by gastrointestinal issues. It also acts as best tonic for gastrointestinal Issues, which improves the functioning of the digestive tract and detoxifying the liver. When combined with honey, it also reduces nausea and vomiting.
- Ginger : Ginger is excellent for relieving indigestion and stimulating appetite. In addition, ginger is great for alleviating stomach aches.
- Black pepper : Black pepper is the best food to increase appetite, It also helps to improve digestion and treat gastrointestinal problems. It is often used as Ayurvedic remedy for stomach problems. Black pepper which stimulates the taste buds also helps in increases the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach which helps in improving digestion.
- Cardamom : Cardamom, or choti elaichi, works as a warming digestive tonic.
- Carom seeds : Carom seeds, help increase appetite and treat problems like indigestion and flatulence by improving the secretion of digestive acids and enzymes.