Best food to get rid of Palpitation
Palpitations is a feel of heart beat characterized by cardiac muscle contractions where heat beat is too hard, too fast or skipping a beat or fluttering. You may feel the palpitations in chests, throat or neck.
When should consult a doctor
They are not such serious issues but some times in rare conditions it can be a sign of a more serious heart condition. So consult a doctor if you feel shortness of breath, Dizziness, Chest pain, fainting, head ache, sweating etc.,
Palpitation may be associated with coronary heart disease, hyperthyroidism, diseases affecting cardiac muscle such as hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, diseases causing low blood oxygen such as asthma and emphysema; previous chest surgery; kidney disease; low levels of brain serotonin, blood loss, and pain; drugs such as antidepressants, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, cocaine, and amphetamines; electrolyte imbalances of magnesium, potassium and calcium; and deficiencies of nutrients such as taurine, arginine, and iron.
Causes of Palpitations
- They are caused by stress and anxiety,
- having too much of caffeine, nicotine, or alcohol
- They can also happen when pregnant.
- Extra-cardiac stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system
- Hyperdynamic circulation
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Sympathetic overdrive
- Vigorous physical activity
- Some Medical conditions like
- thyroid disease,
- a low blood sugar level,
- low blood pressure,
- Due to hormonal changes during pregnancy or menstruation.
- May palpitations during pregnancy are signs of anemia.
- Using of diet pills, decongestants, asthma inhalers, and some drugs used to prevent arrhythmias.
- Abnormal electrolyte levels
Food that helps in get rid of Palpitation are
- Low blood potassium may also lead to Palpitations so ensure your diet with potassium rich food like Bananas, Oranges, Sweet Potatoes, Beet greens, tomatoes, Broccoli, Dried fruits, Beans, Fish, Yogurt.
- Eat magnesium-rich foods like spinach, kale, Swiss chard and other dark green vegetables;
- nuts like almonds and cashews;
- seeds like sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds;
- quinoa; oatmeal; peanut butter; cold-water fish; avocados; bananas; dark chocolate and low-fat yogurt.
- Peppermint is also cooling to the system help to calm heat-induced palpitations
Some home remedies for Palpitation
Remedy 1 : Splash some cold water or take some cold water shower work well for palpitations and panic attacks. As old water helps shock your nervous system to help get your heartbeat back to normal.
Remedy 2 : Sit comfortably in a cross-legged position called Padma Asana, Take slow, deep breaths through your nose, allowing your belly to expand with each inhalation.Breathe out slowly through your mouth.Repeat for a few minutes until your heart rate slows down.
Remedy 3 : Mix 2 tea spoons blackstrap molasses and 2 tea spoons of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water and drink it.
Remedy 4 : Coughing vigorously for a few minutes can help break the pattern of a palpitation as because it builds pressure in the chest.