Bewildering health benefits with Curd
Curds are a dairy product obtained by coagulating milk in a process called curdling. The coagulation can be caused by adding rennet or any edible acidic substance such as lemon juice or vinegar. Curd is a comfort food. It is a cooling, soothing, nutritious food.
Curd is consumed as Yogurt rice, Lassi, Chapatis & Dahi, Dahi Bhalla, Beet root raita, Pomegranate raita, Cucumber raita, Bottle gourd raita, Shrikhand, buttermilk, piyush, vegetable salads, etc
Nutritional values in 100g of curd
- Calories – 98
- Fat – 4.3 g, (Saturated fat 1.7 g, Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g, Mono saturated fat 0.8 g.
- Cholesterol -17 mg
- Sodium – 364 mg
- Potassium – 104 mg
- Total Carbohydrate – 3.4g (Sugar – 2.7g)
- Protein – 11g
- Vitamin and minerals in curd are Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin C, Vitamin B-6, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium
Health benefits with curd
- Weight loss : Take some kumin seeds and make it into a powder. Now mix the powder to the curd and eat. These mixture helps in weight loss
- Relief from acidity and gastric: Take some black salt and mix it with curd and eat. These mixture helps in easy digestion and also gives relief from acidity and gastric effect.
- Gives energy : Mix sugar with curd and eat it. This mixture helps in keeping body cool and gives energy required to body. It also gives relief from some urinary problems. (These is helpful especially in summer, and also this is famous North Indian dish).
- Helps for Pregnant women: Mix curd with turmeric powder and ginger and eat it. As it helps in producing folic acid in the body, It helps more in pregnant women and children health.
- Anti aging : Mix the curd with orange juice give vitamin c to the body and also act as anti-aging agent.
- Prevent ulcer: Mix curd with honey and eat it. These mixture helps in preventing ulcers it also acts as antibiotic to the body which also helps the prevent infections in the body.
- Tooth problems: Mix ajowan with curd and eat it. These helps in giving relief from mouth infection, tooth pain, and other related tooth problems
- Constipation: Mix black pepper along with curd and eat it. It helps in easy digestion and clears constipation problem.
- Healthy muscles: Mix Oats with curd and eat it. It gives proteins to the body which also helps in healthy muscles.
- Anti-infection agent: Mixing curd with fruits helps in healthy immune system and also prevents different types of Infections in the body.
In the following video you can see some more health benefits with curd