Chikoo or Sapodilla health benefits
Manilkara zapota, commonly known as the sapodilla or chikoo. The fruit has an exceptionally sweet, malty flavor which is a round or oval-shaped berry with 2-5 big, black, shiny bean-like seeds in the centre. Chikoo fruit is very effective anti inflammatory agent because of its high tannins content.
Nutritional facts present in 100g or Chikoo
- Energy is about 347kJ
- Carbohydrates are about 19.96 g in which Dietery fibers are about 5.3 g
- Fat content in Chikoo are 1.1 g where as proteins are about 0.44 g
- Vitamins and minerals present in Chikoo are Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc etc.,
Health benefits with Chikoo are
- For better eye vision :- As Chikoo fruit is a good source of vitamin A which naturally aids in improving your eye vision even in the old ages.
- Revitalizing food : The high energy content in chikoo revitalizes the body due to present of special components like fructose and sucrose which supply instant energy.
- Prevents cancer : Sapodilla are good sources of antioxidants and dietary fibers which helps in preventing certain types of cancers like lung cancer, oral cavity cancer etc.,
- Helps in Bone strength : Calcium, phosphorus, iron present in Chikoo maintain bone endurance and makes bones healthy and powerful.
- Relieve Constipation : Dietary fibers present in Chikoo works as laxative aids in relieving constipation. It also nourishes the colon’s membrane by making it resistant to the infections.
- Boosts Immune system :Vitamin C rich Chikoo rejuvenates the body and the boost the immunity system by destroying free radicals from the body.
- Stress reliever : Sedatives present in Chikoo plays a great role in improving the mental health and eases stress and calms down the nerves.
- relives chronic cough : It eliminates the phlegm and mucus from nasal and respiratory tract and gives relief from the severe cold and chronic cough
- Weight loss : By controling the gastric enzymes secretions and metabolism chikoo assists in weight loss and prevent obesity
- Prevents water retention : It maintains the body water concentration thus prevents the occurrence of edemas (water retention) in the body.
- Blood circulation : Chikoo helps in healthy blood circulation as magnesium content of the chikoo makes the blood vessels healthy and potassium content helps in regulating the blood pressure and blood circulation.
- Best for pregn : t also reduces the weakness in pregnant women by offering instant energy and provides relief from the pregnancy symptoms like nausea and dizziness as it is rich in carbohydrates and nutrients.