Coconut and coconut oil health benefits
Coconuts are the fruit of the palmtree. The term coconut can refer to the whole coconut palm or the seed, or the fruit, which, botanically, is a drupe, not a nut.
Coconut oil, or copra oil, is an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of mature coconuts harvested from the coconut palm.
Nutritional values in coconut meat, raw per 100 grams
- Energy : 354 k cal
- Carbohydrates are about 15.23 g in which Sugars are about 6.23 g and Dietary fiber are about 9.0 g.
- Fats in coconut meat are about 33.49 g and in which saturated fat are 29.6 g and mono saturated fat are 1.42 g and Poly saturated fat are about 0.36.
- Coconut meat are rich in Proteins like Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic acid, Glutamic acid, Glycine, Proline, Serine.
- Vitamin and minerals in coconut meat are Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and Vitamin B-Complex, Calcium, copper, Iron, manganese, Phosphorus, Sodium etc.,
- Water content in this are 46.99 g
- It is rich anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-parasite properties so that it helps immune system.
- It boosts energy and enhance physical and athletic performance
- It helps in digestion and absorption of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
- Coconut oil makes it easier for cells to bind with insulin during digestion, so which Coconut Oil Helps To Stabilize Blood-Sugar.
- Coconut Oil Helps To Balance Hormones, as coconut oil assist the body in the conversion of cholesterol in the blood stream into the sterone pregnenolone, which precursors for the human body’s production of hormones.
- It improves good cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart health
- It helps and protect kidney disease and bladder infection and also restore and support thyroid function.
- It prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots, and provides sun protection and keeps skin and hair healthy.
- Coconut oil is high in Medium Chain Triglycerides, that show leading beneficial effects on metabolism.
- Coconut oil increases energy expenditure by 120 calories per day.
- Fatty acids in coconut oil reduces appetite and helps in less intake of calories, it also make feel full
- Coconut reduces the harmful belly fat in the abdominal cavity, which is strongly associated with disease.
- Coconut oil enhances the abilitates to digest food and absorb nutrients so it can eat less without feeling weak or tired all the time.
Beauty hacks using coconut oil
- Apply some coconut oil to hair and leave it over night, it acts as a good conditioner and gives moisture to skin and hair.
- Apply coconut oil from hair root to tip. Leave for 5 minutes and rinse your hair, it helps in preventing split ends.
- Take one tea spoon of coconut oil and two drops of peppermint oil and mix both the ingredient well and rub it on the chest to get relief from congested chest.
- To Soothe skin inflammation mix coconut oil with calendula and apply it. It can be used on itchy red skin.
- Mix half a bowl of coconut oil and a drop of lavender oil this mixture can be used for body massage.
- Dab coconut oil on your lips to prevent chapped lips.
- Take half a cup of melted coconut oil and add half cup of pink salt and mix both ingredients well use to exfoliate your skin before a warm shower.
- If you want to highlight your cheeks or add a bit of a shine to your hair dab a little coconut oil to give shine but remember to use too low.
- It also helps keep your razor clean and rust free.
- It helps to remove all of your make-up, even waterproof mascara
- For best cuticles Dab a bit onto your cuticles once or twice a day.
- Antimicrobial properties in coconut oil helps to treat acne.