Curd and its beauty benefits
Curds are a dairy product obtained by coagulating milk in a process called curdling. The coagulation can be caused by adding rennet or any edible acidic substance such as lemon juice or vinegar. Curd is a comfort food. It is a cooling, soothing, nutritious food.
Curd is consumed as Yogurt rice, Lassi, Chapatis & Dahi, Dahi Bhalla, Beet root raita, Pomegranate raita, Cucumber raita, Bottle gourd raita, Shrikhand, buttermilk, piyush, vegetable salads, etc
Nutritional values in 100g of curd
- Calories – 98
- Fat – 4.3 g, (Saturated fat 1.7 g, Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g, Mono saturated fat 0.8 g.
- Cholesterol -17 mg
- Sodium – 364 mg
- Potassium – 104 mg
- Total Carbohydrate – 3.4g (Sugar – 2.7g)
- Protein – 11g
- Vitamin and minerals in curd are Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin C, Vitamin B-6, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium
Beauty benefits with Curd
- Mix the curd with orange juice give vitamin c to the body and also act as anti-aging agent.
- You no need to use special conditioners and shampooing all you have to do is just apply curd to you scalp and leave it for one hour before going to head bath, it acts as a best natural conditioner. (You can also use curd with honey for this remedy).
- Mix curd along with Bengal gram powder and Sunni pindi and apply to your body it helps in removing dead cells from the skin and gives glow to your skin.
- Multan mitti along with curd act as cleansing agent to the body.
- Mix curd along with turmeric powder and apply it around the eyes it helps in get rid of dark circles.
- Add some ice cubes in curd and apply it your face and massage it. It helps in get rid of sun tan.