Dark chocolates and its beauty benefits
Chocolate is a typically sweet, usually brown food preparation of Theobroma cacao seeds, roasted and ground. It is made in the form of a liquid, paste, or in a block, or used as a flavoring ingredient in other foods.
Dark chocolate is a form of chocolate which is made from cocoa butter instead of milk-based butter like milk chocolate, and contains a higher percentage of cocoa.
Dark chocolate is also called semisweet chocolate while extra dark chocolate is often considered the same as bittersweet, although the ratio of cocoa butter to solids may vary between the varieties
Beauty benefits with Dark Chocolate
Skin care benefits
- Regular consumption of dark chocolate keeps your skin moist and well nourished.
- Regular consumption of dark chocolate also helps you achieve a smooth, problem-free complexion
- It is rich skin protection properties helps in preventing conditions like sunburns and skin cancer as it shields your skin against detrimental UV rays.
- Free radicals are unbalanced compounds created by cellular processes in the body, Antioxidants (flavonoids and polyphenols) rich dark chocolates are believed to neutralize free radicals and protect the body from their damage. Dark chocolate in combination of caffeine makes an excellent detoxifier.
- Dark chocolate boosts glowing skin by reducing elevated stress hormones as stress is great beauty bummer.
Hair care benefits
- Dark chocolate helps in hair growth . As it is rich Copper, zinc and iron which are minerals that promote the cell renewal growth process,
- It helps in promoting blood circulation in the scalp which leads to increased growth of healthy, lustrous hair
- As it is rich in anti inflammatory properties helps in minimizing scalp infections