Dates and its health benefits
Phoenix dactylifera, commonly known as date or date palm, is a flowering plant species in the palm family, Arecaceae, cultivated for its edible sweet fruit.
Nutritional values in 100g of Dates are
Dates are a good source of various vitamins and minerals like Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, Vitmain B6, It also contains vitamins such as folate, vitamin A and vitamin K. etc., Its also a good source of energy, sugar and fiber. Essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc can be found in dates.
- Total calories present in dates are about 282 calories
- Total carbohydrates are about 75 g in 100 grams of dates in which Dietary fiber are about 8 g and Sugar are about 63 g.
Health benefits with Dates are
- Dates get digested very easily, so they are used for supplying quick energy and repairing waste.
- Milk when boiled with dates become a very nutritious and energize drink for children and adults when they are in , rehabilitation, process
- Dates are often categorized as a laxative food, soak some of them in water over night, then consume it in the morning when it becomes like a syrup it helps in get rid of constipation. Dates have high levels of soluble fiber, which helps in promoting healthy bowel movements.
- The nicotinic content in dates makes them an excellent cure for intestinal disturbances.
- The significant amounts of minerals like selenium, manganese, copper, and magnesium, are found in dates make it a super food for strengthening bones and fighting off painful and debilitating diseases like osteoporosis.
- It shows its effectiveness in alcoholic intoxication, By drinking water, in which fresh dates have been rubbed or soaked.
- Soak some dates by crushing in water overnight and consume the dates it in the early morning, It helps very much when your are weak heart.
- It has been seen that dates serve as a tonic for improving sex stamina as well as sterility due to functional disorders.
- It helps in preventing abdominal cancer
- Dates should be included as a part of a healthy diet. They consist of sugar, proteins and many essential vitamins. If dates are consumed with cucumber paste, you can keep your weight at a normal, balanced level, rather than over-slimming.
- Dates are high in natural sugars like glucose, fructose, and sucrose they helps in boosting energy
- The vitamins and minerals like potassium present in dates make it an ideal boost to nervous system health and functionality.
- Levels of iron present in Dates make them a perfect dietary supplement for people suffering from anemia