Different types of salts and their usage and health benefits of salt
Salt is essential for life in general, and saltiness is one of the basic human tastes. The tissues of animals contain larger quantities of salt. Salt for medical solution it is called as saline and in mineral form it is called as Halite.
Health Benefits of salt
- Salt is essential for sustaining the hydration levels of the body.
- It is extremely vital to maintain the electrolyte balance for the smooth functioning of the human organ systems. These electrolytes primarily entail magnesium, potassium, calcium, and sodium.
- A low-salt diet increases insulin resistance
- Sprinkle of salt on tongue improve an allergic reaction or an asthma attack
- salt maintains the proper stomach pH for healthy digestion.
- Adrenaline is a natural hormone that is produced by the body. It is a stress hormone, An adrenaline rush is an extremely intense feeling salt lowers the adrenaline spike.
- It boasts anti-stress and anti-excitatory qualities due to its suppression of stress hormones and it increasing of the metabolic rate. So it which improves sleep quality.
- Adequate salt consumption encourages a healthy weight and fast metabolism
- Salt supports thyroid function by reducing circulating stress hormones
- dietary salt determines the blood pressure of the body and has an impact on cardiovascular health, which is primarily related to strokes and heart attacks.
- Pregnant mothers are required to ensure a healthy diet in order to keep their own body and the developing baby healthy. Adequate salt intake is recommended by doctors to maintain good health.
Different types of salts
Table salt : Table salt or common salt is a mineral composed primarily of sodium chloride (
Nutritional facts of about 100 grams of table salt are
- Sodium – 38,758 mg
- Potassium – 8 mg
- Calcium – 2%
- Iron – 1 %
Kosher salt : It is a variety of edible salt with a much larger grain size than some common table salt
Sea salt : Sea salt is salt produced from the evaporation of seawater, rather than by being extracted from sedimentary deposits. It is used in cooking and cosmetics. It is also called bay salt or solar salt
Himalayan pink salt : Himalayan salt is rock salt or halite, which is situated in the foothills of the Salt Range hill system in the Punjab province of the Indo-Gangetic Plain