Disadvantages of skipping breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. skipping breakfast may put you on the fast track to weight gain, heart disease, osteoporosis, irritability or mood swings, menstrual irregularity, low energy levels, low memory and hormonal stress.
People who eat breakfast every day are more likely to be thinner than those who do not. This is due to a number of factors in the body, including your metabolism, which is enhanced when you eat breakfast. If your are skipping breakfast your gaining weight may be because your hunger increases that leads to you to increase intake.
Health effects when you miss break fast are
- Loosing energy : Your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions when you skip breakfast. So that body may start taking energy stored as glucose from your tissues, which can cause you to feel tired and lethargic. This can also lead to mid-morning slump that can leave your thinking cloudy.
- Affects cognitive function : A study was conducted on a group of teenagers between the ages of 12 and 15 in two trials. In one of the trials, the group was allowed to have breakfast, and in the second trial the group was asked to refrain from the morning meal. The results were interesting. The group, when on a breakfast regimen, showcased better accuracy in a visual search test, while lack of breakfast hampered with the results.
- Weight gain : When you skip your break fast you feel more hungry when the time gap increases intensity of hungry also increases so that your intensity of food intake increases or even due to intense hungry you may prefer unhealthy snack habits such as convenience foods high in fat and sugar — like a candy bar from a vending machine, a doughnut or a large bagel. Over time, this can contribute to weight gain.
- Hypoglycemia: Hypoglycemia is the medical term used to indicate low levels of blood sugar. Skipping breakfast trigger a massive dip in sugar levels, in turn, triggering the release of hormones that could compensate for the low glucose levels. This, on the other hand, increases the blood pressure levels, triggering migraines and headaches.
- Effects metabolism : The metabolism is the complete chemical process that occurs in your body to keep everything functioning.. Metabolism is the rate at which you burn calories for daily life functions. When you skip your breakfast means effects in metabolism by reduce intake of calories. people who eat breakfast are likely healthier overall than those who skip breakfast