Disadvantages with rapid weight loss
Weight loss has to be the easiest fitness goal to achieve. It’s all about reducing food intake, exercising hard, and never giving up. Some people try for rapid weight loss but this can cause detrimental effects on your health. Even if you leave physical harm aside, fast weight loss may cause mental stress and depression as well.
Some disadvantages with rapid weight loss.
- Nutritional deficiency – Due to this restriction of certain food, diet results in lack of various nutrients that are necessary for the maintaining of body
- Fast weight loss means dehydration – Most of the body weight is water, people dehydrate themselves to lose weight. This is totally harmful. It can lead to various serious health problems like fainting, dizziness, and heart palpitations. Sometimes, it can further lead to muscle damage and also death.
- Poor sleep – Quick weight loss can make you tired very quickly and very often. Many individuals tries to lessen the amount of calories intake instead of burning fat. Due to low calorie intake, the metabolic rate goes down, which further means less energy and a more tired you.
- Formation of gallstones – Gallbladder is a small sac present below the liver. This gallbladder helps in storage of fat until it is needed. Gallstones are hardening of cholesterols which looks like stones. There is possibility of forming gallstones due to rapid weight loss. These tiny stones can cause severe damage as it can cause infection due to obstruction in the normal flow of bile from the gallbladder to the small intestine.
- You are increasing your stress level – Diet plan during weight loss process can lower the metabolism rate in your body, which will further increase the stress hormone – cortisol. Due to the high presence of this hormone, you will feel mentally, physically and emotionally stressed and lost.
- Hair loss – Your hair needs protein to grown and to be healthy. But due to your diet plan, you are avoiding adequate protein intake. This makes your hair dry, brittle and this eventually causes hair fall.
In the following video you can see some more disadvantages with rapid weight loss