Food that boost metabolism
Metabolism the chemical processes that occur within a living organism in order to maintain life. Metabolism includes digestion and the transport of substances into and between different cells. The metabolic rate of body determines your overall health. As metabolism is faster digestion of food will be easier. It also helps in weight loss by preventing fat deposits in the body.
Certain food that increase the rate of metabolism are
- Fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals and are important for maintaining a healthy body and also boost metabolism. Fruits like Strawberries, oranges, peaches, watermelon, guava and grape fruit are excellent metabolism boosters
- Green tea also have property of boosting the metabolic rate due the presence of compound called EGCG which helps to increase the metabolism. Drink atleast 2-3 cups of green tea every day to boost metabolism.
- Lemon cleans the digestive system which further helps in metabolism. Vitamin C rich lemon with anti- oxidant properties improves defensive system. Drink a glass of warm lemon water daily in morning which boosts metabolism.
- Water is one of the most important foods that keep all your organs healthy and functioning. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of pure water to increase the metabolism. Lower the water may leads to decrease in metabolism.
- Along with these some other foods like Ginger, Oatmeal, Lean meat, Celery, Almonds, beans, Asparagus, Coconut oil, Coffee, Spices, Spinach, Cantalope are rich in metabolism,
- All the above mentioned food are rich in metabolism-increasing properties with essential fatty acids, which are also rich in proteins and fiber helps in burning body fat.