Food that helps you to keep away from Cancer
Cancer A disease in which abnormal cells divide uncontrollably and destroy body tissue.
Cancers are a large family of diseases that involve abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body. They form a subset of neoplasms. A neoplasm or tumor is a group of cells that have undergone unregulated growth and will often form a mass or lump, but may be distributed diffusely.
All tumor cells show the six hallmarks of cancer. These characteristics are required to produce a malignant tumor. They include:
- Cell growth and division absent the proper signals
- Continuous growth and division even given contrary signals
- Avoidance of programmed cell death
- Limitless number of cell divisions
- Promoting blood vessel construction.
- Invasion of tissue and formation of metastases.
The majority of cancers are due to environmental factors.The minor effect due to inherited genetics. Common environmental factors that contribute to cancer death include tobacco, diet and obesity, infections, radiation (both ionizing and non-ionizing), stress, lack of physical activity and environmental pollution.
Diet, physical inactivity, and obesity are related to cancer deaths. Excess body weight is associated with the development of many types of cancer. Physical inactivity is believed to contribute to cancer risk, not only through its effect on body weight but also through negative effects on the immune system and endocrine system. More than half of the effect of the diet is due to overnutrition (eating too much), rather than from eating too few vegetables or other healthful foods.
Here are some food items which should be avoided to keep away from cancer.
- Processed meat
- Micro oven Popcorn
- Farmed Salmon
- Charred meat.
- Artificial sweeteners.
Apart from above list, there is some good healthy food which keeps you away from cancer.
- Blueberries: Antioxidants. Foods such as blueberries and broccoli contain high levels of antioxidants, which are chemicals that can reduce the cell damage caused by molecules called free radicals. Antioxidants have been found to reduce the growth of cancer cells in test tubes under laboratory conditions.
- Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Green Cabbage, Cauliflower, Kale:
- Cherries: The delicious tart cherries offer powerful pain relief and may also safeguard against cancer and neurodegenerative conditions.
- Green tea: Tea is the best source of catechins in the human diet, and green tea contains about three times the quantity of catechins found in black tea. In laboratory studies, green tea has been shown to slow or completely prevent cancer development in colon, liver, breast and prostate cells.
- Winter squash: Butternut Squash. Butternut squash (cucurbita moschata), is considered a winter squash. Along with acorn, Hubbard and spaghetti, their brightly colored skins reflect the cancer-fighting phytochemicals called carotenoids. They are great cut into squares and baked or made into in a very tasty squash soup
- Long pepper: A native plant to India, long pepper has long been touted for its cancer-killing abilities. The secret lies in a chemical called Piperlongumine
- Apple: Apple a day cuts chance of five types of cancer: Fruit eaters found to reduce risk of developing lung, bowl and breast tumors by up to a quarter
- Cranberries: cranberries were found to suppress the growth of human liver cancer cells in vitro. Other studies have found similar effects against human breast, colon, brain tumor, oral, and ovarian cancer cells.
- Walnuts: Several animal studies show that including walnuts in the diet slows or prevents the growth of breast and prostate cancers.
In the following video, you may also see some more anti-cancer diet food.