Get Rid of Dark Circles and Tired Eyes
Dark circles, though serious looking, are relatively easy to get rid of from the comfort of your home. Dark circles to appear under your eyes; from stress, lack of sleep, hormonal changes.
Causes of Dark circles.
- Less water intake: It is important to flush out toxins from your body constantly and store them lest they harm you. Start with at least 10-12 glasses of water in your daily intake.
- Hemoglobin level in blood: Anemia which caused to lack of iron in the blood. Low iron in the blood, hemoglobin which carries oxygen can break down more easily causing the thin skin. Dark circles speed up the rate of the hemoglobin degradation. As the loose blood is completely degraded, the dark pigmentation fades. Secondly, dark eye circle creams help to strengthen the capillaries in your skin.
- Prolonged computer work: Sitting a long time in front of computer one may feel eye dry or eye strain
- Illness: When recovering from a long illness, dark circles could begin to appear due to internal weakness.
- Genetic causes: Genetic dark circles affect a significant number of the world’s population. Some who suffer from genetic dark circles feel their situation is hopeless because of genes passed on by parents or grandparents.
- Sleeplessness: insomnia or simply a late night, can cause circles under your eyes to appear or become more prominent. This happens because the lack of sleep tends to cause the blood vessels under the thin skin of the eyes to dilate, creating a dark tint.
- Stress: Stress can also cause the fragile capillaries around the eyes to break or leak blood. if anyone is in stress more blood is directed to your main organs leaving your face looking drained and pasty
- Lack of proper diet: antioxidants or lack of vitamins like Vitamin K, Vitamin B12 mainly causes dark circles. Vitamin deficiency is caused due to improper diet. Diet should be balanced to get rid of dark circles;
- Habits like smoking and Alcohol: Smoking and consumption of alcohol can lead to dark circles getting prominent. Excessive smoking makes your blood vessels appear more prominent, thus causing the dark circles.
There are some home remedies to get rid of dark circles in short time.
- Tomatoes: Blend or smash a tomato to extract the juice. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, a liberal squeeze of tomato and 2 teaspoons of gram flour to it. Apply the paste over clean under eye area and leave for 15-20 minutes.Rinse off with cool water. And also adding mint leaves paste to tomato juice. You need to apply this paste on the dark circles and leave it on for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Grated Potatoes: Raw grated potato or even cold raw potato slices have proven to have lightening effects on the skin. I have used this ingredient many a time with positive results to lighten dark circles.
- Almond oil: Apply a few drops of almond oil around the eyes night time before going to bed after face wash. Massage gently in circular motion for few minutes.Leave on overnight.Rinse with cool water in the morning and also eat almonds daily.
- Orange Juice: Mix some orange juice with a few drops of glycerin and apply this mixture over the dark circles. Not only will it diminish the dark circles it will also give a natural glow to your eyes.
- Yoga/meditation: Yoga and meditation will work wonders for reducing dark circles it will always keep your mind and body fresh and full of energy. If you are able to relax and get absolute peace of mind, then your skin will also start to glow and you will see great results on the dark circles under your eyes.
- Cucumber and Rosewater: Rose water is extremely mild and it has the property to nourish and rejuvenate the skin naturally. Grate a fresh cucumber and squeeze out the juice. Now mix 2 spoons of pure rosewater with 1 spoon of this cucumber juice. The next thing to add to this mixture is 1-2 drops of lemon juice. Soak 2 cotton pads in this mixture and place them on your eyes covering the under eye area. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then remove and wash with normal water.
In the following video, you can also observe some remedies for dark circles under eye.