Get rid of *Dry throat* easily
Dry throat is a rough, scratchy, sometimes itchy feeling in the throat. The most common cause of dry throat is drying out of the mucous membranes, and it is usually caused by an inflammation of the pharynx, often as a result of exercise, sleeping with your mouth open, breathing through your mouth, living in a dry environment, or simply not drinking enough fluids
A dry throat is a common symptom that often occurs during the cooler months when the humidity of the air tends to be low
Causes of Dry throat
- Smoking may bring on a dry throat.
- Consumption of caffeine and alcohol also plays major in dry throat
- Dust and air pollution also shows its impact on dry throat
- Indoor heaters
- Acid reflux could result in a dry and scratchy throat.
- Blocked nasal passageway leads to a sore throat it causes difficulties in breathing.
- Streptococcal bacteria causes bacterial infection in the throat and it will be severe in long lasting. One could have a swollen gland along with a dry throat as well as a headache, stomach ache and fever. This is usually treated with antibiotics.
- Viral infections like flu or cold could bring on the dry and sore throat along with a host of other symptoms. One may have a fever, running nose and ache in their muscles. While the viral infections are difficult to cure, their symptoms can certainly be treated.
Symptoms of Dry throat
- Difficulty swallowing.
- Swollen, red tonsils.
- Hoarse or muffled voice
- White patches or pus on your tonsils.
- Throat feels dry and parched, especially in the morning
- The glands on the sides may be swollen
- strep infection made show symptoms like a headache, body ache, fever and general fatigue
Remedies for Dry throat
- Saltwater gargle: Salt kills germs in the mouth and throat and helps to relieve dryness and irritation. Gargling with salt couple times a day will help to soothe a dry throat. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to a cup of water.
- Tea with Honey: Honey has anti-bacterial properties and has long been used to soothe dry and sore throats. Try mixing honey in hot tea for some much-needed relief. It helps to control throat infection.
- Lemon with Honey: Lemon is known for its antioxidant properties which can help to ease the dry throat. One can take lemon juice in different ways: Take a lemon slice, put salt and pepper on it and lick it, Lemon juice and warm water can be drunk slowly, Lemon juice with honey and warm water will help to give relief to the dry throat.
- Garlic: Garlic is one of the most effective, safest and fastest-acting natural remedies for a stubborn sore throat. As Garlic has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. A fresh garlic clove cut in half and sucked will hit the dry throat and soothe the infection, A few drops of garlic oil added to warm water can be used to gargle. Garlic added as a spice to food cooked will help to reduce the dryness in the throat.
- Avoid cool water: Cool water of soft drinks may cause more irritation in your mucus, so avoid cool item in your food menu.
- Turmeric; Turmeric is known to have powerful antiseptic and antibacterial properties, One teaspoon of turmeric powder can be added to a glass of warm water and had on an empty stomach.
- Lifestyle changes: If there is constant struggling with the dry throat, quitting smoking and reducing your consumption of alcohol and caffeine is a good place to start. Cigarettes and alcohol are especially irritating to throat tissues.