Ginger a folk medicine
Ginger is used as a spice or a folk medicine. Mainly it is concerned with digestive problems. Ginger is related to Zingiber officinale family. Indian are more families with ginger juice which is used in major Indian recipes.
Nutritional values in 100grams of Ginger:
- Calories – 80
- Fat – 0.8 g
- Sodium – 13 mg
- Potassium – 415 mg
- Carbohydrates – 18 g
- Dietary fibers – 2 g
- Protein – 1.8 g
- Iron – 0.6 mg
- Vitamin C – 5 mg
- Riboflavin – 0.034 mg
- Niacin – 0.75 mg
- Zinc-0.34 mg
Health Benefits with Ginger:
1. Obesity: Inhibiting of gastric and pancreatic lipase helps for obese for weight loss.
2. Diabetes; According to American Diabetes Association observation that found patients those who took ginger shows a significant decrease in blood sugar. Correct reason for this yet to be known,
3. Digestive issues: Ginger helps to stimulate Saliva, bile, and gastric juice production to aid in digestion. Gastrointestinal irritation can be cured with Ginger because of its Phenolic compounds
4. Nausea: Various digestive juices or enzymes that help to neutralize stomach acid are secreted with the help of Ginger, So Ginger helps in stopping nausea,
5. Muscle pain and soreness: Recent studies have said that Ginger helps in muscle pair and soreness. Though it may not show immediate relief but day by day usage may show good result.
6. Osteoarthritis: Recent studies have said that ginger reduced pain and stiffness in knee joints by 40 percent over the placebo.
7. Menstrual pain: Ginger has its impact on relieving inflammation and pain so that can help to reduce Menstrual pain.
8. Anti-Inflammatory: Ginger contains very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols. This helps in inflammation.
9. Colon cancer: Researchers on the study explained that by decreasing inflammation, the risk of colon cancer is also likely to decrease with Ginger.
10. Cold and flu: Ginger helps to promote warmth in the upper respiratory tract and thus, is quite effective in treating cold and flu.
11. Heart disease: Ginger helps in lower cholesterol so that helps in Heart health.
And some more uses of Gingers are: Ginger may improve brain function and protect against Alzheimers Disease. Ginger makes the platelets less sticky and thus, pretty helpful in case of circulatory disorders. The Cineole content in the ginger acts like mood enhancer so which can help in relieving stress. Ginger tea is a stress buster and found to have refreshing properties. Ginger also act like mouth freshener. It also remedies motion sickness, Improves absorption, Combats stomach discomfort, Prevents various types of cancer, Fights common respiratory problems, Strengths immunity, treats morning sickness, Increases sexual power, Prevents a migraine, Prevents blood clots.
Recipe to make Ginger tea is the following, Ginger tea help in stress relief