Guava health benefits
Guavas are common tropical fruits cultivated and enjoyed in many tropical and subtropical regions. Guava fruits, usually 4 to 12 centimeters (1.6 to 4.7 in) long, are round or oval depending on the species. They have a pronounced and typical fragrance, similar to lemon rind but less sharp. The outer skin may be rough, often with a bitter taste, or soft and sweet.
Nutritional values in Guava per 100g:
Guava is a good source of vitamins, fibers as well as minerals.
- Carbohydrates in guava are about 14.32g in that Sugars is about 8.92 and Dietary fibers are about 5.4g.
- Guava is rich in vitamins like Vitamin A (4%), Beta-carotene (3%), Thiamine (B1)-6%, Riboflavin (B2)-3%, Niacin B3-7%, Pantothenic acid(B5)- 9%, Vitamin B6- 8%, Folate (B9)-12%, Vitamin C- 275%, Vitamin K- 2%.
- Minerals like Calcium (2%), Iron (2%), Magnesium (6%), Manganese (7%), Phosphorus (6%), Potassium (9%), Zinc (2%).
- Fat – 0.95g
- Protein – 2.55g
- Other constituents like
- Lycopene – 5204 µg
Health benefits with Guava are:-
- Being Rich in vitamin C, Guava is effective in treating male infertility caused by sperm clumping adhesion and other abnormalities.
- When applied externally, it is associated with healing of wounds.
- Guava has general hemostatic properties and can be used for treating bleeding nose, gums and minor internal hemorrhaging.
- By Inhibiting microbial growth and removing extra mucus from the intestines, guava helps to cure dysentery.
- Guava helps to prevent free radicals produced during metabolism
- It aids in preventing age-related chronic diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Cataract and rheumatoid arthritis.
- As it rich in fibers it helps in people suffering from constipation.
- Guava strengthens the digestive system and disinfect the digestive system
- It helps in weight loss as Guava is rich in proteins and nutrients and also characterized with no cholesterol, less digestible carbohydrates acts as good food for people maintaining weight loss diet.
- It improves the texture of skin helps to avoid skin problems.
- As it is rich in vitamin c help in healthy eye vision.
- Because of antioxidants, it helps in preventing cancer. especially like prostrate, breast cancer.
- It helps to control diseases related thyroid.
- As it is rich in vitamin B6, vitamin B3 it helps in sharp functioning of the brain, All these vitamins also helps in the healthy function of neurons.
- It also helps in maintaining blood pressure.
- Guavas are rich in manganese which helps the body to absorb other key nutrients from the food that we eat.
- Guava has a capacity to shrink and contract any open tissues in your body all these because of anti-bacterial properties.
- As it is rich in vitamin C, it is essential nutrients that can fight flu causing viruses and boost the immune system.
- Scurvy is caused due to deficiency of vitamin C. As guava is rich in vitamin C helps in preventing Scurvy.
In the following video, you can see some more health benefits with guava