Health benefits of Jamun fruit
Syzygium cumini is also known as Jamun is an evergreen tropical tree. It is commonly used by the Chinese for its various healing properties. It is important summer fruit for its medicinal values. It of an oval shaped with green color, turning pink to deep crimson (resembling black) when it becomes ripe. Jamun fruit varied from 1.5 centimeters to 3.5 centimeters in size. This purplish fruit has a mix of sweet and sour taste.
Nutritional values in Jamun fruit per 100 g
- Energy – 60kCal
- Carbohydrates in Jamun fruit are about 14 g in which Dietary fibers are about 0.6 g
- Fat and protein in Jamun fruit are 0.23 g and 0.995 g respectively.
- Vitamins and minerals in Jamun fruit are Thiamine(B1), Riboflavin (B2) , Niacin (B3), Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Potassium, Sodium, etc.,
- Water constrains about 84.75 g
Health benefits with Jamun fruit are
- Jamun fruit contain tritepenoid which act as an inhibitor of cholesterol in our body. As this inhibition will reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Jamun juice has been proven effective to treat bleeding hemmorhoids. So drink Jamun juice to treat hemmorhoids it is good home remedy for piles. treatment.
- Jamun fruit helps liver health by preventing excessive lipid accumulation which can lead to fatty liver, obesity , atherosclerosis and other health problems.
- It gives relieve from stomach pain, carminative, anti-scorbutic and diuretic.
- Jamun vinegar is good to reduce enlargement of spleen, diarrhea, and urine retention problem
- The jamun fruit and jamun leaves are good for diabetes patient. It helps to convert starch into energy and keep your blood sugar levels in control. It also reduces frequent urination and thrusting in Diabetic patients.
- Jamun seeds are effective agent to treat acne. Crush the jamun seeds and add cow milk to it and mix both the ingredients well and apply it to your face in the night and clean it in the morning.
- Jamun has the adequate amount of iron and vitamin C helps in increase of haemoglobin.
- Antibacterial properties in Jamun helps in strengthening teeth and gum.
- Drinking of Jamun juice is used to treat digestive disorders such as diarrhea, dysentery and dyspepsia.
- Consuming jamun fruit regularly believed to reduce the risk of cancer. Polyphenols contained inn jamun fruit has been known to fight cancer cells.