Health benefits of Kale
Kale or leaf cabbage belongs to plant species Brassica oleracea. Kale is also called as “the queen of greens” and “a nutritional powerhouse.” kale comes in two forms: kale, which has smooth leaves, and curlykale, which has crinkly leaves
Nutritional values in 100g of Kale are :
Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat
- It contains about 49 calories of energy
- Total fat is about 0.9 g in Saturated fat is about 0.1 g, poly saturated fat is about 0.3 g and mono saturated fat is about 0.1 g
- Sodium is about 38 mg
- It contains about 491 mg of potassium
- Total carbohydrates are about 9 grams
- Vitamin and minerals in Kale are Vitamin A, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin C, Iron, Vitamin B-6, Magnesium etc,
- They are rich in Antioxidants like Quercetin and Kaempferol.
Health benefits with Kale are
- Kale is rich in Iron, So helps in formation of hemoglobin and enzymes transporting oxygen to various parts of body, cell growth, proper liver function and more.
- Kale is rich in vitamin K, so which helps in bone health and blood clotting.
- It helps to people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
- Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants such as carotenoids and flavonoids which help to protect against various cancers.
- Kale is a rich inflammatory food. One cup of kale is filled with 10% of the RDA of omega-3 fatty acids, which helps to fight against arthritis, asthma, and auto immuno disorders.
- It helps in lowering cholesterol levels so that it is cardiovascular friendly food.
- Vitamin C in Kale helpful for immune system, metabolism and hydration. Vitamin C is also helpful to maintain cartilage and joint flexibility.
- Kale is very high in beta carotene, an antioxidant that the body can turn into vitamin A.So that it is good for your eye vision. Kale is High in Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Powerful Nutrients That Protect the Eyes
- Calcium in Kale helps in preventing bone loss and prevents osteoporosis and maintains healthy metabolism
- It is very low in calories, but still provides significant bulk that should help you feel full. so that it helps in weight lose diet.