Health Benefits of Moringa
Moringa oleifera is the most widely cultivated species of the genus Moringa. It is also called as The Drumstick tree or The Miracle tree. Moringa has the potential to improve nutrition, boost food security. It is the store house of medical chemicals and nutrients.
Many parts of moringa are edible, with regional uses varying widely:
- Immature seed pods, called “drumsticks”
- Mature seeds
- Oil pressed from seeds
Nutritional values of Moringa for 100g are
- Energy 64kcal
- Carbohydates are about 8.28g
- Fat in Moringa are about 1.40g
- Protein in Moringa are about 9.40g
- Vitamins in Moringa are Vitamin A, Thiamine B1, Riboflavin B2, Niacin B3, Pantothenic acid (B5), Vitamin B6, Folate B9, Vitamin C.
- Minerals in Moringa are Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorous, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc.
- The seeds contain about 40% of edible oil known as ben oil. These oil is rich with antioxidants and it is nutritionally same like olive oil.
Health benefits of Moringa are
- Moringa trees have been used to combat malnutrition
- This plant contains all the amino acids the are essential for the body
- They are buidling block of proteins that we need for repair, maintain and grow our cells.
- Leaves of moringa
- controls the blood pressure,
- decreases inflammation
- arthritis pain
- restricts tumour
- heals ucler
- It shows its effectiveness in treating night blindness because it is rich in Vitamin A
- In lactating mothers it increases breast milk
- It balances the level of sugar so which shows effective on diabetes.
- It boosts metabolism
- Helps in balancing cholesterol levels
- It act as natural detoxifier and purifier because of its anti bacterial properties
- Some elementsin root can treat ovarian cancer, inflammations and kidney stones.