Health benefits of Palm wine
Palm wine is an alcoholic beverage created from the sap of various species of palm tree such as the palmyra, date palms, and coconut palms. The sap is extracted and collected by a tapper typically collected from the cut flower of the palm tree.
Nutrients present in Palm wine are like sugar, protein, carbohydrates, Amino acid, yeast, Bacteria, Potassium, Zinc, magnesium, Iron and also vitamins like vitamin c, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B6.
Benefits of Palm wine
Palm wine has benefits when consumed fresh or fermented, but the most benefits are gotten when it is consumed fresh. Drink limited amount of toddy to get more benefits.
- As toddy is rich in vitamin C and vitamin B1 helps in improving the eye sight.
- Potassium rich toddy reduces risk of developing cardiovascular diseases such as heart failure
- It also reduces the risk of hypertension by improving the function of heart.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) in toddy fights against cancer causing free radicals.
- Toddy consumption in small quantities improve their skin tone and complexion.
- Toddy is used by natural healers to increase breast milk production in lactating mothers
- Iron rich toddy which also rich in vitamin B promote healthy skin, hair and nails.
- It helps in healing wounds by repairing the tissues and regeneration of healthy cells.