Health benefits with essential grapefruit oil and grape fruit
An essential oil is a concentrated hydrophobic liquid containing volatile aroma compounds from plants. Essential oils are also known as volatile oils, ethereal oils, aetherolea, or simply as the oil of the plant.
Grapefruits are very delicious and Scientific name of Grapefruit are Citrus Racemosa and Citrus Maxima
Grape fruit essential oil : Grapefruit oil, extracted from the peel of the grape which contains a powerful antioxidant about 90% Limonene-d. The grapefruit oil are incredibly beneficial to the metabolism.
Nutrtional values present in Grape fruit are
- Grape fruit is also rich in antioxidants like Vitamin c, Vitamin A and lycopene etc.,
- Energy present in Grape fruit are about 138kJ
- Carbohydrates are about 8.41 g in which Sugars are about 7.31 g and Dietary fiber are about 1.1 g
- Fat content in grape fruit are 0.10 g
- Proteins are also about 0.8 g
- Vitamin and minerals present in Grape fruit are Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Vitamin B6, Folate, Choline, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorous, Potassium, Zinc.
- Some other major components present in Grape fruit are linalool, thujene, myrcene, terpinene, pinene, citronellol, caprinaldehyde, decyl acetate and neryl acetate.
Health benefits with grapefruit essential oil
- Grapefruit oil contains nootkatone, a compound that increases your metabolism and helps your body melt fat away.
- For delayed menstruation just add 2-3 drops of grapefruit oil to coconut oil and massage over lower abdomen which gives relieve from monthly cramps.
- Inhaling 2-3 drops of grape fruit essential oil by adding it in diffuser periodically eases sadness and bouts of crying.
- For heads hurts just diffuse 2 to 3 drops of grape fruit oil and inhale it or you can also add a drop to a carrier oil like coconut oil in grape fruit oil and apply topically.
- For hefty thighs, just take 1-2 drops of grape fruit essential oil and mix with coconut oil, or another carrier oil, and massage into the body in a kneading pattern every evening.
- Grape fruit essential oil is effective against strains of bacteria like Staphylococcus aureus, Enterococcus faecalis, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Escherichia coli, Salmonella typhimurium, Serratia marcescens and Proteus vulgaris.
- Take 1 to 2 drops of Grape fruit essential oil in hand and massage it directly over the area of gallbladder nearly to liver area on abdomen, or into the soles of the feet. This gives you relieve build-up in the gallbladder. So this also helps in digestion of the food.
- Mix 16 oz. epsom salt, 20 drops of orange oil and 10 drops of grapefruit oil together in a dark colored glass jar. Add 1/2 cup of the mixture to a hot bath for a rejuvenating soak. It gives more relaxation. Seal the jar and store the remaining mixture in a cool, dark place for further use.
- If you feel pains of fatigue and stiffness in your hands, use 2-3 drops of grape fruit essential oil in a coconut oil and massage on affected areas this remedy helps in easing the pain.
- Grape fruit essential oil also help the body cleanse itself by just adding grapefruit essential oil to water or smoothies and massage the oil directly over the liver area.
- When curb carving hits inhale grape fruit oil from the bottle, or add a couple of drops of grape fruit essential oil to your glass water bottle
- add 2-3 drops of grape fruit essential oils to a glass of water and drink in night time. It support the detoxification systems of the body .
- Antimicrobial properties present in grapefruit essential oil can help to treat and prevent infections and wounds and cuts.