Health benefits with Jeera and Jeera water
Cumin is also known as Jeera. It is used since ancient times as as a spice for its distinctive flavour and aroma. It also has many uses as a traditional medicinal plant.
Nutritional values of Jeera per 100 grams
- Energy is about 1,567 kj
- Carbohydrates in Jeera are about 44.24 g in which dietary fibers are about 2.25 g and Dietary fiber are about 10.5 g
- Fat content in jeera are about 22.27 g in which saturated fat are about 1.535 g, monosaturated fat are about 14.04 g and poly saturated fat are about 3.279 g.
- Proteins in jeera are 17.81 g
- Vitamin and minerals in jeera are like Vitamin A, beta carotene, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate B9, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and Vitamin K and minerals like Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorous, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc etc.,
- Water content in jeera are about 8.06 g
Health benefits of Jeera and Jeera water are
- Jeera water helps get rid of acidity and bloating, and provides relief from indigestion and helps in curing stomach ache and abdominal pain.
- As Jeera is rich in fiber content and also rich in natural laxative properties which boosts the activity of the gastrointestinal tract which in turn stimulates enzyme secretion and gives relieve from constipation.
- Jeera Improves Milk Production in Mothers, All you have to do is just Roast and grind cumin seeds and add them as a seasoning to your dals, curries
- Iron rich jeera helps to treat anaemia, it also makes blood rich in hemoglobin and helps in acting as a carrier of oxygen to the cells in the body.
- Thymoquinone in Jeera reduces inflammatory processes and other mediators that cause asthma
- Antioxidants in cumin seeds fight against impurities and free radicals and improves body immunity system.
- Cumin is healthy for women of all age groups and is known to influence a healthy menstrual cycle
- Thymoquinone, dithymoquinone, thymohydroquinone and thymol in cumin seeds are anti-carcinogenic agents helps in treating colon and breast cancer.
- Cumin seeds cure respiratory problems as they are rich in vitamin c and anti-fungal properties.
- Cumin seeds are also suggested for kidney health