Home made face packs and tips for monsoon
Immunity level of the body becomes low during monsoon. Your skin may feel sticky and uncomfortable due to the high humidity levels.
Freshening facial toner :
Rose water : Take two bowls of rose petals pour this two bowls of rose petals in a large single bowl and add water in that so which petal soaks in water and heat the bowl for some time, so which half the water evaporates and finally extract the waters with flowers and store it in bottle for futher use.
Now take some rose water and add equal amount of cucumber juice in a spritz bottle and stash this in a fridge for an invigorating perk-up when you need it.
This helps when you feel sticky and uncomfortable due to the high humidity levels.
Face mask for monsoon
- Take a banana and mash it up and now add one table spoon of honey to it and now add lemon to and mix all the ingredients well and now apply the paste on your face and it leave it for 15 minutes.
- Mash one straw berry and few black berries and one inch piece of banana with one table spoon of honey . Mix all the ingredients well and make like a paste. Now apply a thick layer to your face and leave it for about 15 minutes before washing off thoroughly to reveal glowing skin.
- Mix one tsp. of besan gram powder with a pinch of turmeric. Squeeze in 2-3 drops of lemon juice and add 1-2 tsp. of rose water to make a paste. Apply this pack onto the face and wash off after 15-20 minutes. This is suitable for all skin types, except for those who have sensitive skin. It helps in get rid of accumulated grime and to clear any bumps.
Some skincare tips for monsoon
- The skin should be cleaned 3-4 times a day with non-soapy options use cleansers to get rid of dirt. It remove excess grime and oil that can clog your pores. Cleansing also keeps blackheads and whiteheads away.
- Tone your skin to keep your skin healthy. Because toning restore the pH balance of the skin and also revives it giving it much needed radiance.
- Wash your hair a little more frequently than you usually do in the monsoon as all the humidity and sweat causes it to get dirty soon and attract dust and pollution.
- Humidity with rain make your skin dry using nourishing moisture’s to make your skin moist and healthy. Use Moisturizing body lotion that contains sunscreen in proper concentration.The body lotion is not only supposed to protect your skin from drying but also saves it from tanning
- Use a reliable sunscreen with a good SPF. It may be cloudy but that doesn’t stop the sun’s UV rays from wreaking havoc.
- Water based moisturizers keep oil secretion in control for oily skin
- It is essential that you exfoliate your skin daily to rid it of dead cells but do so gently.
- Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water to maintain skin hydration, as the skin loses a lot of water due to exertion in the rains .
- Never keep your skin wet for a long time, Bathing with lukewarm water and using antifungal creams combats fungal invasion because fungal infections are the most common complaints of the rainy season.
- Use very little make up during monsoon.
- Make home made face packs using natural ingredients from your kitchen.