Home remedies for overactive bladder
Overactive bladder is a condition causing a sudden urge to urinate and this urge may be difficult to stop. Overactive bladder may lead to the involuntary loss of urine. The frequent need to urinate may occur during the day, at night, or both.
- Main symptom related with overactive bladder are urge to urinate frequently usually eight or more times in 24 hours, and even 3 to 4 times in the night which is called nocturia.
- Causes for overactive bladder is unknown but some conditions contribute to signs and symptoms of Overactive bladder are
- Neurological disorder
- Acute urinary tract infections
- Abnormalities in the bladder,
- Declining cognitive function due to aging etc.,
Risk factors associated with Overactive bladder are :
- caffeine consumption
Complications associated with incontinence are
- Any type of incontinence can affect your overall quality of life like Emotional distress or depression, Anxiety, Sleep disturbances and interrupted sleep cycles, Issues with sexuality
Diagnosis depends mainly on medical history and sign and symptoms and by ruling out other possible causes such as an infection. Neurological exam that may identify sensory problems or abnormal reflexes.
Tests based on
- Measuring urine left in the bladder
- Measuring urine flow rate
- Testing bladder pressures
Home remedies for Overactive bladder disorder
In the following video you can see some more home remedies for overactive bladder disorder