Home remedies for Snoring
Snore means make a snorting or grunting sound while asleep. Snoring is the vibration of respiratory structures and the resulting sound due to obstructed air movement during breathing while sleeping. It is one of the common sleep related problem.
Sound during snoring is vary some conditions is smooth but in some conditions sound may loud and unpleasant.
Causes of snoring may be because throat weakness, obesity, sleep depreviation, alcohol consumption, mucous in throat, physical excretion and taking certain medicines etc.,
Snoring mainly caused when tongue fall back which create blockage passage of air which in return lead to snoring.
Home remedies for Snoring :
- Put 2 drops of lukewarm ghee or clarified butter in each nostril once in the morning and once before going to sleep.
- Put 2 drops of Brahmi oil in each nostril once in the morning and once before going to sleep.
- Take a glass of warm water and add 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder and mix and well and drink it daily before going to bed
- Take a cup of warm milk and add two tea spoons of turmeric powder and mix it well and drink it daily before going to bed
Some tips to avoid snoring are
- Always ensure your head is elevated when sleeping to prevent the tongue from rolling back.
- You could try propping yourself up with the help of a few pillows or cushions.
- Do not sleep on your back , as this pushes the tongue and soft palate against the throat, again impairing the free flow of air, instead sleep on your side with your arms wrapping a pillow.
- Avoid smoking which leads to swelling or blockage of airways
- Alcohol causes your muscles to relax avoid alcohol.
In the following video you can see some more home remedies to get rid of snoring.