Home remedies to prevent Hair loss
Causes of hair loss:
Medical conditions that can cause hair loss include thyroid disease, alopecia areata and scalp infections like ringworm. Hormonal changes associated with pregnancy, childbirth, discontinuing the use of birth control pills, and menopause can cause temporary hair loss.
The important causes of general hair loss include
• Rapid shedding of hair after childbirth
• Hair loss after fever, illness, and infections.
• Sudden weight loss
• Severe stress
• Thyroid problems
• Poor diet
There are home remedies to prevent hair loss:
1. Aloe vera: Aloe vera contains proteolytic enzymes which repair dead skin cells on the scalp which helps in hair growth. Aloe vera also aids against hair loss, is a great moisturizer for the scalp, reduces sebum, eliminates dandruff, and acts as a deep conditioner for the hair.
2. Hot oil massage: Take a small amount of oil on your fingertips and massage your scalp gently in small circular motions. After massaging your scalp, take small strands of hair and apply oil along the full length of your hair. For better results, steam your hair.
3. Green tea: Wash your hair as normal, and then message cool, freshly brewed green tea into your scalp. Leave it on for 10 minutes, and then rinse it out with cool water. Repeat 2 to 3 times a week for a couple of months. This rinse will stimulate your hair follicles and help prevent scalp problems like dandruff.
4. Vitamin E Oil.: Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps repair and build tissue. When you apply vitamin E to your scalp, it helps reduce inflammation and repair damage to the follicles, and healthy follicles encourage hair growth.Vitamin E is available in pill form as a dietary supplement in the vitamin section of the drug store.
5. Coconut milk; Coconut milk is rich in proteins and it also contains iron, potassium, essential fats. Applying coconut oil will reduce hair loss and breakage.
6. Onion Juice: Onion also has anti-bacterial properties, so it helps with scalp infections that might contribute to hair loss. It also contains the enzyme catalase, which is an anti-oxidant that can prevent premature graying. It improves blood circulation and hair follicles with sufficient nourishment.
7. Apple Cider vinegar: After shampooing your hair rinse your hair with diluted apple cider vinegar to have healthy and shiny hair. This vinegar keeps the scalp clean and healthy and prevents infections and dandruff. This helps to accelerate the hair growth.
8. Egg: Sulphur in egg yolk stimulates the scalp and increases hair growth. Egg whites are one of the best sources of protein. Protein makes hair follicles stronger. They also contain folate and other minerals that stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss
9. Potato juice; To stimulate hair growth and give you thicker, healthier hair, you should first apply the potato juice to your scalp using a gentle massage. Then apply the juice to the rest of your hair and cover your head with a shower cap. Wait 20 to 25 minutes and then rinse with warm or cold water.
10. Henna: For this pack, take 1 cup of amla, 3 tablespoons of henna powder, 2 tablespoons of methi seeds and 1 egg white with juice from 1 lemon. Mix these ingredients at least 1 hour before applying to your scalp and hair.
In the following video, you can also see other remedies to prevent hair loss