Home remedies for Hypoglycemia
Hypoglycemia, also known as low blood sugar, is the condition when blood sugar decreases to below normal levels. It is most commonly seen in diabetic patients.
Signs and symptoms
Being aware of the early signs of hypoglycemia help to treat your low blood glucose levels quickly – to bring them back the condition into the normal range.
The most common symptoms regarding Hypoglycemia are
- trouble talking,
- loss of consciousness,
- feeling of hunger,
- A higher heart rate than usual
- Blurred vision
- And in extreme cases, coma and death
Causes of Hypoglycemia are
- Medications like Insulin and sulfonylureas used to treat diabetes mellitus
- Kidney failure
- certain tumors
- Liver diseases
- inborn error of metabolism,
- severe infections,
- reactive hypoglycemia,
Not enough cortisol, such as in Addison’s disease, not enough glucagon, or not enough epinephrine can result in low blood sugar the conditions is more common in children
Risk factors associated with Hypoglycemia are
- Insulin intake patients
- Prandial glucose regulators
- And some conditions like
- exercised more than usual
- alcohol consumption
- Factors linked to risk of lower sugar levels are
- High dose of insulin
- Delayed meals or skipping meals
Hypoglycemia is diagnosed by measuring blood sugar levels with a glucose meter.
- Blood glucose level below 4.0 mmol/L indicates that the individual has hypoglycemia
- In diabetics a levels below 3.9 mmol/L (70 mg/dL) is diagnostic
- Whipple’s triad It is seen in adults without diabetes, symptoms related to low blood sugar, low blood sugar at the time of symptoms, and improvement when blood sugar is restored to normal confirm the diagnosis.
Home remedies for hypoglycemia.
There is two point based treatment for hypoglycemia
- Giving instant treatment to rise up the level of sugar in the blood.
- Eliminating the root cause.
Instant treatment like first aid measures are very effective in maintaining the level of blood sugar
- eating candy will help to keep the glucose level maintained
- drinking fruit juice also help to raise the level of glucose in the blood
- numerous instant medicines and intravenous glucose injections are available
Some other remedies related to that are
- Eat frequent but small meals to avoid the condition of hypoglycemia.
- Avoid taking artificial carbohydrates
- Eating flax seeds as they are very nutritional food as they are rich in omega 3 fatty acids also rich in anti oxidation properties. Flax seeds also slow the rate at which the dietary sugars enter the blood and keep the sugar level under control.