How To Get Rid Of Unwanted Hair Naturally
Hair on our body is a normal condition but excessive hair is seen as an obstacle toward looking flawless and beautiful. Body hair is known to have vital functions. It helps to protect the skin from the dust particles. It acts as a protective layer over the fine and delicate skin cells and to preserve the body heat. However, it is seen as unsightly when the hair is in excess. Thus, nowadays men and women are obsessed about removing body hair in order to flaunt their skin and complexion. It is seen that excess body hair makes one appear dark. As fairness is seen as a mark of beauty and good grooming, everyone wishes to get rid of excess body and facial hair removal.
Causes Of Excess Body Hair
It is common to have body hair. Some people have more hair growth on their body than others. However, there are certain hormonal conditions that bring on excess hair growth:
• Hirsutism is a condition that is caused by a hormonal disorder; it leads to excessive hair growth.
• Excessive hair growth or abnormal hair growth on the face or other areas of the body is mainly caused by hormonal changes.
• An increase in the level of androgen in women can increase facial hair growth
• Polycystic ovary syndrome can lead to excessive hair growth
• Tumor in the adrenal gland
• Insulin resistance
• Cushing’s disease
These are some of the many causes that lead to excessive body and facial hair growth.
Symptoms Of Excess Hair Growth
If one is suffering from excessive hair growth they will see the following symptoms:
• Abnormal hair growth on the face
• The hair growth occurs within a short period of time
• The body hair also increases
• Such hair growth may be accompanied with increased muscle mass, changes in voce and acne flares
How To Get Rid Of Unwanted Hair Naturally
Nowadays there are many cosmetic methods and devices that help one to control their body hair and facial hair growth. Most men and women nowadays frequent clinics in order to get waxing treatments done as well as other procedures like electrolysis, laser hair removal and other more permanent solutions. However, such procedures prove costly and time consuming. They need one to make several visits to the dermatologist or the clinic and spend a lot of money in getting the desired effect. Instead, one can pursue many simple and effective home remedies to remove unwanted hair
1. Using A Home Made Scrub
It is known that a mixture of:
• Turmeric powder
• Gram flour
Such a paste needs to be applied on the body and face and allowed to dry. It should then be rubbed off gently. It helps to remove excess facial and fine body hair.
2. Use Of Pumice Stone
This stone is known to help scrub off fine hair when used regularly:
• While taking bath it should be used to scrub the hands and legs
• Unwanted body hair will be rid off in this way.
3. Home Made Wax Treatment
One can pursue a home made version of waxing which will be effective but painful:
• Make a mixture of honey, lemon and sugar
• Apply the heated mixture on the areas where the hair has to be removed
• The hair should not be too long or dense
Once the mixture is applied, a strip of cellophane or fabric can be used to pull off the hair from the roots. The fabric or cellophone should be pulled in the opposite direction of hair growth.
4. Using Wax For Male Chest Hair
When one wishes to remove male chest hair they can use home waxing treatment:
• Hot, molten wax should be used
• Once it is applied cloth should be used or cellophane to pull off the hair
5. Plucking Or Tweezing
When one has few hair on the chin as some women do, it is best to:
• Pluck off the hair with a pair of tweezers
• Use of home made wax consisting of sugar, lemon juice and water will also help to eliminate the hair
6. Removing Hair From The Chin Area
Some women have more hair on the chin area and they wish to remove the same:
• The home made wax solution can be used
• A mixture of honey and lemon juice can be applied and then rinsed off after ten or fifteen minutes
Such a home remedy should be done twice a week.
While shaving is an easy way to get rid of excess body hair, it has certain limitations. It will make the hair grow back fast and the hair will be dense, unlike the waxing process:
• A simple razor can be used to shave off unwanted hair from hands, legs and even underarms while taking bath
• One should lather up well with soap
• It is best to use warm water before doing the shaving as it helps to open up the pores
• Once the shaving is done, cold water will help to close the pores
8. Removing Hair From Eyebrows
• Tweezing or plucking will help to remove excess hair from the eyebrows
• Using a small scissor could also do the rick
9. Different Home Made Scrubs
There are different ingredients that can act as effective scrubs to help reduce body hair:
• Milk cream
• Gram or chick pea flour
Pastes made out of such ingredients will help to reduce body hair when used regularly or twice or thrice a week.
10. Depilatory Creams
If you would rather not use the painful waxing treatment you can opt for a depilatory cream:
• One needs to apply the cream over the area where hair has to be taken off
• Leave it on for ten or fifteen minutes
• Wash it off
That is a painless and effective way to remove hair at home.
11. Increase Soy Products
• Have soy bean and similar products more in your diet
• As they help to increase the estrogen levels the androgen levels are kept in control
12. Have A Balanced Diet
If you have a low body weight and body fat you might see an increase in body hair to keep body temperature optimal:
• Follow a balanced diet
• Include healthy fats, milk and veggies in your diet
Are you worried about the cosmetic procedures of hair removal? You could opt for these simple and effective home remedies to keep hair growth under control.