Ice apple for summer heat
Palmyra fruit which is also Known as Ice apple. Palmyra is a fruit that grows on Palmyra palm. The top portion of the fruit must be cut off to reveal the three sweet jelly seed sockets, translucent pale-white, similar to that of the lychee but with a milder flavor and no pit.
Nutritional values in Ice apple in 100g serving are
Sugar palm fruit is especially rich in phosphorus and calcium with zero fat and negligible protein content
- Calories – 43
- Total carbohydrates – 11 g
- Dietary fibers – 2 g
- Protein – 1 g
- Calcium – 9 g
- Phosphorus – 33mg
- Iron – 1 %
- Water – 77 g
- Protein – 1 g
- Vitamins in Palm fruit are
- Vitamin C
Health benefits of Palm fruit are
- Good for skin : Palmyra fruit is an excellent home remedy for prickly heat during summer season. It is also beneficial in treating inflammatory skin problems such as redness due to intense heat.
- The palm fruit helps in treating burning sensation in the stomach.
- In summers use palm fruit, to keep body hydrated.
- It also replenishes the lost minerals and nutrients of the body and prevents painful urination and tiredness.
- It prevents malnutrition in adults and children
- Palm fruit has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. The fruit pulp helps to cure skin inflammations.
- It is used treat nausea and vomiting and also worm infestation.
- It is used as an expectorant and also as a liver tonic.
- The sap is used as a tonic, laxative, for treating ulcers and liver problems.
- As it replenish nutrition and minerals helps in weight loss.
- The Palmyra fruit is a very good remedy for heat rashes and heat boils, as it is very cooling
- This simple and tasty drink will take care of the problem very effectively, especially people suffering from painful urination
- Due to the presence of potassium it helps in keeping heart healthy
- It helps in keeping blood circulation flow easily and controls blood pressure
- It also reduces bad cholesterol in the body and increase good cholesterol
- It helps in easy digestion and also gives relief from constipation.
- It act as coolant and controls body heat.