Indian traditional beauty secrets
India is known for its natural beauty. India’s most traditional beauty secrets that Indian women choose over the thousands of years as, scrubs and creams.
You are refreshing and vital as the air, graceful and tender as sparkling water, lustrous and consuming as flames of fire, generous and enveloping as space and stable and deep as the earth.. you elemental woman are perfect beauty itself.
-Ancient essay on the five elemental women of Indian mythology
There are some ingredients that Indians use from decades which are natural and without any side effects.
- Neem :- This is the queen of all the beauty ingredients. Neem usage is which is highest in its medicinal values, neem infused tea does wonders for acne-prone skins and neem oil is a fantastic moisturizer.
- Tulasi :- It is a gods gift of skin, it helps in nourishing the skin and helps in get rid of pimples all you have do is just make a simple paste with tulasi and milk and apply it.
- Turmeric :- It is an integral parts of both Indian cuisine and Indian tradition. It gives a lovely golden glow to the skin and its antiseptic properties cure pimples. It also helps in get rid of wrinkles all just by mixing milk and little turmeric powder and apply it.
- Sandalwood : Sandalwood has antiseptic properties like turmeric and it also softens and aids blood circulation in the skin. it also fight against skin diseases and allergic reactions as well as it helps in removing skin blemish.
- Saffron : It is most expensive among the spices, But it is excellent exfoliate agent and its anti-bacterial properties cure acne and improves quality of skin.
- Honey : A tasty ingredient where it naturally absorbs and retains moisture which makes it an excellent hydrating agent. For glowing skin just add little saffron to honey and When you mix it with olive oil it acts as a great hair conditioner.
- Shikakai : It is fruit of hair helps those with dandruff or weak roots. Because of its mild acidic levels, it doesn’t strip the hair of natural oils like shampoos do.
- Amla : Amla an Indian Gooseberry rich in vitamin C, it penetrates into scalp and strengthen roots and which helps in treating of hair and scalp.Amla can be used alone or along with shikakai, neem and tulsi.
- Multani Mitti ; Multani mitti or clay or fuller’s earth is a natural cleanser and scrubber which absorbs oil, thereby making skin less greasy. It is best antidote for pimples.
- Curd : Curd in the presence of zinc helps treat blemishes on the skin, and it also hydrates the skin and makes skin softer because of its lactic acid presence. It also reduce the redness and inflammation of sun burns.
- Gram flour : It is rich in exfoliating properties, It remove excess oil from the hair before shampooing.