It times for coffee
Coffee is a brewed drink prepared from roasted coffee beans, which are the seeds of berries from the Coffee plant.
People who drink their coffee first thing in the morning, usually between 8am to 9 am , might not be doing the right thing. circadian rhythm of our body clock induces the production of hormones. which control your sleepiness and alertness throughout the day. Among these magical chemicals is also produced cortisol, a hormone that controls how awake you feel. As per science, one must not drink coffee, or any caffeine rather, when the production of cortisol is high.
- Rise at 7 am to 9 am; drop around 9:30 am: At this time, the cortisol levels go up by almost 50 per cent. This is known at ‘cortisol awakening response’.
- Rise at 12 noon, drop by 1 pm: The levels of cortisol keep dropping as compared to morning. This is known as diurnal rhythm.
- Rise at 6 pm, drop by 7 pm: The drop in cortisol by this time is pronounced and is meant to follow a regular sleep pattern.
- So, ideally you should be grabbing your coffee between these slots, that is, from 9:30 am to 11:30 am, from 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm or post 7 pm.
Health benefits of coffee
A cup of coffee in the morning may pack more than just an energy boost. Health benefits associated with drinking coffee, affects from helping prevent diabetes to lowering the risk of liver disease.
100grams of coffee contains about 2mg of sodium, 49 mg of potassium, 40 mg of caffeine and proteins are about 0.1g.
- Coffee can help people feel less tired and increase energy levels
- In the brain, caffeine blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine.which leads to a stimulant effect. This improves energy levels, mood and various aspects of brain function.
- caffeine can increase fat burning in the body and boost the metabolic rate.
- Caffeine can increase adrenaline levels and release fatty acids from the fat tissues. It also leads to significant improvements in physical performance.
- It lower risk of getting type II diabetes,
- It also lower risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease
- Coffee drinkers have up to a 60% lower risk of getting Parkinson’s disease
- It also lower risk of developing cirrhosis
- Coffee lower the risk of developing depression and may dramatically reduce the risk of suicide.
- Coffee drinkers have a lower risk of Liver and colorectal cancer
- According to studies coffee drinkers live longer and have a lower risk of premature death.