Know and prevent Colon Cancer-Symptoms & Causes
Colon: Colon is the longest part of the large intestine and lowermost part of the digestive system
Colon Cancer is also called as Colorectal cancer (CRC) or bowel cancer. Most colorectal cancers develop from polyps development of cancer from the colon or rectum. Colon cancer is the third leading type of cancer in males and the fourth in females. cancer of the colon and rectum include colon polyps, long-standing ulcerative colitis, and genetic family history. The cells of the colon cancer can travel through the lymphatic system or bold stream and can spread to the liver, bones or any other organ which is referred as metastatic colon cancer.
The uncontrolled growth of cells lining the large intestine from a tumor which is known as colon cancer.
Causes of colon cancer:
There are a certain factor that increases the risk of colon cancer:
- Inflammatory polyps may become cancerous
- Alcohol consumption
- Low fiber diets
- Red meat and Processed meat
- radiation treatment for other cancers increases the risk of colon cancer.
- belly fat or obesity
- Physical exercises
- High intake of fat
Symptoms of colon cancer
- worsening constipation
- a decrease in stool caliber (thickness)
- Bloody stool
- Loss of weight
- Loss of appetite
- nausea or vomiting
- Continual urges to defecate
- Stomach pain
- Abdominal discomfort and bloating in women
- Pelvic pain for women
Treatment for colon cancer:
- Radiation therapy
The following are the steps that you need to follow to stay healthy and free from colon cancer.
- Stop smoking: smokers are likely to get affected by colon cancer. It is high time that you thought of quitting smoking especially if you have attained 40 years of age. Smoking after eating is most dangerous than normal so avoid it. Studies say that about 30 to 50% chances are high in people who use to smoke after the age of 40.
- Red meat: Avoid processed meat, red meat completely to prevent colon cancer. Especially digestion level in the body decreases and if you consume red meat at particular ages will be more dangerous. Undigested will affect you more.
- Reduce Belly fat: Abdominal obesity or belly fat is the major contributor to the risk of a person catching colon cancer. Take low calories food with high nutritional values. Reduce the intake of junk food and processed food. Daily do about 30 to 40 minutes exercise. Exercise mainly based on to reduce belly fat. Yoga also may help you in this.
- Drinking Alcohol: Heavy drinking is one of the main reasons for people to increase the risk of colon cancer. If you are habituated with the drink just adjust with 2 or 3 intakes. so that may help you in decrease the risk of colon cancer.
- Garlic: Garlic is more effective in antioxidant, which helps to reduce the risk of cancer. Eating three to four cloves of raw garlic everyday will helps in preventing colon cancer.
- Making changes in everyday life reduce the risk of colon cancer. Eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Fruits, vegetables, and whole grains contain vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, which may play a role in cancer prevention
Keeping a healthy weight, consumption of fiber-containing fruits and vegetables, reducing fat and red meat intake and exercising also helps to prevent colon cancer.
The following video, helps you to know more about colon cancer in details.