Medicinal values in Green tea
Green tea originated in China. Green tea is a type of tea that is made from Camellia sinensis leaves. Green tea is known to be a healthier substitute to normal beverages like coffee and other types of tea, because of its lower caffeine content. The fermentation process is not done with green tea such that it is more healthier than black tea. Green tea can be taken in any form; say you may try iced, hot, by adding natural herbs or dab of lemon juice. It is suggested that to take about 2 to 3 cups daily.
Nutritional values in Green tea (per 100g):
Green tea contains a high amount of polyphenols and antioxidants and other useful substances.
Energy – 4kJ
Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) – 0.007mg
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) – 0.06mg
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) – 0.03mg
Vitamin B6 – 0.005 mg
Vitamin C – 0.3mg
Iron – 0.02mg
Magnesium – 1 mg
Manganese – 0.18mg
Potassium – 8 mg
Sodium – 1 mg
Other constituents like
Water – 99.9g
Caffeine – 12mg
Health benefits with Green tea.:
Green tea provides hydration benefits similar to water.
Green tea boosts the strength of the immunity system. The Catechins present in green tea prevents bacteria and virus from attaching themselves to cell wall. Catechins counters the toxin released by microbes.
EGCG means epigallocatechin-3-gallate Photochemical polyphenol present in Green tea helps in protect from diseases. It increases the rate at which your body burns fat, as it a significant fat fighter helps in weight loss and also helps in loss of abdomen fat.
High levels of oligomeric proanthocyanidins in green tea help in slow down premature aging if taken internally.
- Weight loss: Polyphenol present in green tea acts a fat burner which helps in burning the fat near abdominal region and other fat accumulated places which internally helps in weight loss. Green tea helps you lose weight by increasing the metabolism.
- Bone health: It decreases the risk of osteoporotic fractures. Antioxidants and anti-inflammatory activity help in diminishing bone loss. Additionally, tea’s health-promoting properties are thought to suppress the breakdown of bone while increasing the amount and activity of bone building cells.
- Diabetes: green tea slows your blood sugar by regulating glucose levels. This beverage prevents high insulin levels also.
- Heart diseases: It prevents clots formation, which is the main cause of heart strokes.
- Esophageal cancer: It can reduce the risk of Esophageal cancer, It also widely meant for killing cancer cells in general without damaging the healthy tissue around them.
- Cholesterol:It helps in reducing bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s: Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s are two common neurodegenerative disorders.Buy drinking Green tea it helps to block the formation of plaques. And Bioactivity present in Green tea in delay of deterioration caused by Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. It also helps in boosting memory.
- Dental health: Its ability to control bacteria and lower the acidity of saliva and dental plaque makes it useful for preventing cavities and other symptoms of poor oral health. It reduces symptoms of periodontal disease, due to the presence of catechin. Catechin reduces inflammation in the body so that interfaces with the body inflammatory response to periodontal bacteria. The antimicrobial property also protects you from bad breath.
- Depression: Theanine is an amino acid naturally present in tea leaves helps to provide a relaxing and tranquilizing effect for people drinking tea.
- Skincare: EGCG the polyphenol (Antioxidant) helps to protect from harmful free radicals. It also helps in signs of aging, promote longevity, and treat skin diseases and also prevents wrinkles. It helps in reduce the damage caused by the sunUV rays.
In the following video, you can see Fast Weight Loss with Green Tea recipe