Milk generating food for pregnancy women
Breast milk contains all the prime nutrients required for an overall growth and brain development of a newborn baby. Breast milk is highly nutritious for new born baby, About 100 grams of milk contains 70 calories of energy and 4.4g of fat and 14 mg of cholesterol , 17 mg of sodium, 51 mg of potassium, Carbohydrates are about 7 g, proteins are about 1 g, Vitamin and minerals in breast milk are Vitamin A, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin C, Iron, Vitamin B-6 and magnesium.
prolactin and oxytocin, are the hormones responsible for women produce milk after childbirth to feed the baby. The initial milk produced is referred to as colostrum, which is high in the immunoglobulin IgA, which coats the gastrointestinal tract. This helps to protect the newborn until its own immune system is functioning properly.
Health benefits with Breast feeding
These benefits include a 73% decreased risk of sudden infant death syndrome,
- Increased intelligence,
- decreased likelihood of contracting middle ear infections,
- cold and flu resistance,
- a tiny decrease in the risk of childhood leukemia,
- lower risk of childhood onset diabetes,
- decreased risk of asthma and eczema,
- decreased dental problems,
- decreased risk of obesity later in life,
- and a decreased risk of developing psychological disorders, including in adopted children.
- It also creates a mild laxative effect
- Expells meconium and helping to prevent the build-up of bilirubin (a contributory factor in jaundice)
Breastfeeding also provides health benefits for the mother. It assists the uterus in returning to its pre-pregnancy size and reduces post-partum bleeding, as well as assisting the mother in returning to her pre-pregnancy weight. Breastfeeding also reduces the risk of breast cancer later in life. Lactation protects both mother and infant from both types of diabetes.
The stimulations of the nerves during breastfeeding helps produce more milk in the breasts. So One of the best ways to increase milk supply is to keep on nursing your little one. If one feel there should be improvement in milk supply, then they should add foods in diet that promote milk production.
There are certain foods that increase breast milk and enhance lactation.
- Spinach and beet leaves
- Fennel seeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- Bottle gourd
- Basil leaves
- Brown rice
- Cumin seeds
- Black sesama seeds
- Oils and fats
All the above food are characterized with rich source of calcium and fibre which helps boost lactation.
- These food help in balancing the supply of healthy fat to your baby
- They also aid in easy bowel movement.
- These are appetizers and fat-burners.
- They help avoid digestive irritants like acidity.
- Food act as stimulants which boost lactation
- These food are high in Vitamin A and K and B-complex vitamins and fibre.
- Garlic consumption prevents all types of cancer.
- These food boosts your little one’s immunity levels.